Hidden Valley Falls Kayak and Kauai Hike Adventure
On this 2 mile (3.2km) kayaking Kauai adventure, you'll travel through the Hule'ia National Wildlife Refuge, a place for the preservation of endangered Hawaiian water birds. You'll paddle past the living archaeological site of Alekoko (Menehune) Fishpond, and get a taste of the ancient people's fishing and aquaculture methods that are still utilized today. The backdrop is the magnificent Haupu Mountain Range, a dramatic and majestic 2000' (600 meter) shield volcano that looms over the river. The destination is a series of 3 pool-drop waterfalls with a swimming hole known as Hidden Falls.
The area is steeped in legend and your guides will tell you exciting stories about the supernatural inhabitants who resided in the valley long ago. Hule'ia has been the site of filming for a wide range of major motion pictures including Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park and its sequel, Lost World.
You'll leave your kayaks behind and set out on a 1.5 mile (2.4km) round trip guided Kauai hiking nature walk through a pristine tropical rain forest containing many different communities of plants, birds and aquatic life. You'll stop along the way at swimming holes with rope swings before reaching Hidden Valley Falls, a captivating series of pool-drop waterfalls cascading over black lava rock. Here you'll have some snacks and cold drinks while enjoying the scenery before heading back down to the river for a fun trip back in a double-hulled powered canoe. It's cheating, but who cares?
Restrictions: You must be able to walk 1.5 miles (2.4km) & kayak 60-90 minutes.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Morning Tour: Check-in at 8:00am (Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday)
- Picnic Tour: Check-in at 10:00am (Monday, Tuesday and Friday)
East Side or North Shore Resorts:
- Morning Tour: Check-in at 8:45am (Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday)
- Picnic tour: Check-in at 10:45am (Monday, Tuesday and Friday)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Hidden Valley Falls Kayak and Hike Adventure
- Deluxe two-person kayak
- Snacks and beverages
- Picnic lunch
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- Minimum of 4 passengers required for tour departure. Maximum of 20 passengers per tour
- Approximately one guide for every 8 - 12 passengers
- Items to bring: Swimwear, footwear with an aggressive tread pattern and that can get wet (i.e. Teva-type sandals or aqua socks), towel, sunscreen, insect repellant, waterproof camera
- Please provide lunch order in Special Requirements box at check out
Reviewed by: Susan D, July 2011
Trevor our guide was great we had a fun day with a few laughs, I thought I would find it a bit strenuous but it was very relaxing and enjoyable
Reviewed by: Gregg S, USA, July 2010