Juneau in One Day: Mendenhall Glacier, Whale Watching and Salmon Bake
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Buffet dinner included
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Then, begin your whale-watching experience. Board a 48-passenger sightseeing boat and cruise along the beautiful Auke Bay. Your onboard naturalist guide provides an in-depth look at the surrounding sea life. Learn how more than 65 humpback whales migrate to the area each year! The extra-large windows and exterior observation deck make for excellent whale spotting.
End your day tasting the flavors of a traditional, all-you-can-eat Alaskan salmon bake. Menu items include grilled salmon, cheechako chicken, Chilkoot baked beans, Tongass wild-rice pilaf, White Pass pasta, salads, beverages, a robust selection of other side dishes and a delicious blueberry cake for dessert. Beer and wine are available for purchase.
You’ll also have the chance to meet Doug Chilton, a Tlingit Master Carver, and his son, as they work on two 10-foot-tall (3-meter-tall) cedar totem poles and silver jewelry. Listen to the artisans share their ancestral lore and culture, and feel free to ask questions. Pick up original works of art as souvenirs from the on-site gift shop.
After your all-inclusive Juneau experience, enjoy a relaxing, scenic drive back to your hotel.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Buffet dinner
- Naturalist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please indicate your ship or hotel name when booking your tour
- After booking, please contact the local tour operator to specify your departure time and departure location.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate in the absence of a parent or guardian
Reviewed by: Elaine Chan, December 2014
Marvellous experience! Love the tagline of "Full refund if Whale are not spotted". We were surrounded by whales and spot a hill of sea lions. Dinner at Salmon Bake is good as well
Reviewed by: Jimmy N, July 2014
Very good tour. Wished for a little more time at the Glacier. Whale watching was great. Salmon Bake was okay.