Juneau in One Day: Mendenhall Glacier, Whale Watching and Salmon Bake
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Buffet dinner included
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Then, begin your whale-watching experience! Board a 48-passenger sightseeing boat and cruise along the beautiful Auke Bay. Your expert guide will give you an in-depth look at the surrounding sea life. Learn how more than 65 humpback whales migrate to the area each year! The extra-large windows and exterior observation deck make for excellent whale spotting.
End your day smelling the aromas and tasting the flavors of a traditional, all-you-can-eat Alaskan salmon bake. Menu items include grilled salmon, cheechako chicken, Chilkoot baked beans, Tongass wild-rice pilaf, White Pass pasta, salads, beverages, a robust selection of other side dishes and a delicious blueberry cake for desert. Beer and wine are available for purchase.
After your all-inclusive Juneau experience, enjoy a relaxing, scenic drive back to your hotel.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Buffet dinner
- Naturalist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please indicate your ship or hotel name when booking your tour
- After booking, please contact the local tour operator to specify your departure time and departure location.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Children ages 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form if traveling without a parent or guardian.
Reviewed by: Elaine Chan, December 2014
Marvellous experience! Love the tagline of "Full refund if Whale are not spotted". We were surrounded by whales and spot a hill of sea lions. Dinner at Salmon Bake is good as well
Reviewed by: Jimmy N, July 2014
Very good tour. Wished for a little more time at the Glacier. Whale watching was great. Salmon Bake was okay.