Select a datex
Embark on an unforgettable Alaskan wilderness adventure on this small-group day trip to the Pack Creek Brown Bear Viewing Area, a protected wildlife location with the highest concentration of brown bears in the world! From Juneau, join your guide on a scenic floatplane ride over Alaska’s Inside Passage and Tongass National Forest to Windfall Island. Then, kayak to the mouth of Pack Creek on Admiralty Island and witness Grizzly bears in their natural habitat – truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
The Pack Creek Brown Bear Viewing Area requires a permit to visit, and for the first time since 1997, the National Forest Service has awarded these exclusive and limited visitation permits to tour operators. Book this tour to make sure you don’t miss out on the amazing chance to enter the viewing area.
- Likely to Sell Out
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Scenic air tour
- Seasonal Offer
- All necessary equipment included
- Small-group tour
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free snacks included
- Fully narrated tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
For a truly incredible Alaskan experience, head to Admiralty Island and visit the Pack Creek Brown Bear Viewing Area, known as the ‘Fortress of the Bears’ by the indigenous Tlingit people. This protected habitat has the largest brown bear population in the world (with four times as many brown bears as Yellowstone National Park!).
Just as exciting as the bears themselves is the route you’ll take to get to them. Your guide will pick you up from your hotel in Juneau and drive you to your floatplane for a scenic 25-minute flight over the scenic Tongass National Forest and the Inside Passage to Windfall Island. Next, board a kayak and paddle through Windfall Harbor with your small group to Admiralty Island, observing the beautiful scenery (and possibly bears) along that way!
When you get there, your guide will choose the best spot to view the Grizzly bears – climb to the lookout towers and see brown bears romping in the meadows, or head to the secret alcoves and observe the bears catching salmon and swimming in the creeks, rivers and streams!
Due to the limited number of permits, this exclusive opportunity will sell out quickly, so don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime wilderness adventure!
- 30 minutes - Van ride from Downtown Juneau to floatplane
- 25 minutes - Floatplane flight from Juneau
- 1.5 hours - Kayak orientation and kayak adventure
- 3 hours - Brown bear viewing
- 30 minutes - Kayak back to the floatplane
- 25 minutes - Floatplane flight back to Juneau
- 30 minutes - Transport back to Downtown Juneau
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Select Juneau hotels
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Certified guide
- All necessary equipment
- Round-trip transportation via van and floatplane
- Rain gear, jackets and rubber boots provided - please advise supplier of sizing
- Snacks (bagels, water, granola and more) and bottled water
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Maximum weight per person is 250 pounds (113 kilograms)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 10 people per booking (6 to 1, passenger to guide ratio)
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Operates in all weather conditions
Terms and Conditions:
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.