Don't get caught up in a touristy restaurant trying watered-down goulash in Budapest! Hungarian food, wine, spirits and hospitality are famous the world over, and you'll discover why on this gastronomic tour with your private guide. Numbers are limited to 15 people on this small-group walking Budapest wine tasting and lunch ensuring you'll receive personalized attention from your guide.
- Free drinks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
Your tasting extravaganza provides an overview of Hungary's typical food and drink, led by a private guide. You'll learn how Hungarian food is prepared and the exact ingredients that go into making the famous dishes, plus visit a market to see where the locals shop for traditional ingredients. You'll also get insider tips where to find the best restaurants while in Budapest!
Your tour begins with a visit to the great market hall where you will get an overview of the produce used in Hungarian kitchen. Here you will learn all about the use of the famous paprika spice, local vegetables and meats.
Before lunch, you'll visit a wine shop for a wine-tasting and more information about the wines you will try. The wine-tasting covers five traditional wines of Hungary, and reveals the history and legends behind each wine.
Your last stop takes takes you to a typical restaurant for a traditional Hungarian meal. Indulge in large bowl of goulash soup
with bread, followed by a typical Hungarian main meal of your choice, a typical Hungarian dessert and a beverage.
Budapest Food and Wine Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Central Budapest
- Until 31 January 2013: 11:30am
From 31 January, 2013: 11am
Return Details:Concludes close to the Opera House Metro stop
Budapest Wine Tasting and Lunch
- Professional guide
- Visit to the Great Market Hall
- 3-course lunch including 1 beverage (mineral water, soft drink, glass of wine or beer)
- Wine tasting (5 wines)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour serves non-kosher food and wine products as well as vegetarian dishes
- In the unlikely event that market hall is closed it will be substituted with a local grocery store
- Tour goes in all weather conditions
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?