Kilauea Volcano Small Group Adventure Tour
Stop for a short break and continental-style breakfast before continuing to drop down to near sea-level on the way through Hilo where you'll begin the final climb to the summit of Kilauea Volcano and the lush entrance to Hawaii Volcano National Park. On the way back, the Small Group Hawaii volcano tour travels along the Hamakua Coast and passes through Waimea before returning to Kona. By the end of the day, you'll have traveled over 300 miles (480 km) and experienced an elevation change (you go up and down a few times!) of over 30,000 feet (9,150 meters).
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- 6:50am - Queen Kaahumanu Highway
- 7:30am - Waikoloa Kings Shops
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Bottled water
- Park entry fee
- Mid-morning snack
- Deli lunch with beverages
- Raingear, day packs and walking sticks
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infants under 3 must be carried in a backpack carrier (not provided by tour operator)
- Children under 4 must ride in a car seat (not provided by tour operator)
- Guests should be able to hike on uneven muddy or rocky terrain.
- We recommend that guests wear closed-toe walking shoes or hiking boots, shorts or trousers, short sleeved shirt, and bring a light sweatshirt or jacket
- This tour involves short walks varying in length from 1/2 miles to 2 miles. Longer hikes may be required, if an active lava flow is easily accessible
- Deli-style sandwich choices are: turkey, ham, tuna and veggie. Please advise tour operator at time of reconfirmation. The contact details for the tour operator will be on your voucher once you have a confirmed booking.
- Please note the default selection is turkey sandwich, if no choice is specified.
Reviewed by: Sarah M, June 2015
Previously sent a recommendation of our tour. Again it was marvelous. Forgot to rate it. I highly recommend it. Our guide Gary was the best.
Reviewed by: Joan S, December 2014
Gary made this day spectacular. We were able to experience lava tubes, lava flows, seaside cliffs, craters and calderas. Short hikes provided personal discovery of the diverse terrain of this amazing island. Outstanding tour, highlighted by an excellent, knowledgeable and fun guide. Do this tour!