Select a datex
Explore the Big Island's lush Waipio Valley on this ATV adventure perfect for the whole family. Drive your own ATV or be driven by a guide and admire the tropical scenery filled with waterfalls, towering cliffs, verdant landscapes and black-sand beaches. You’ll stop to swim at a waterfall pond, get great views of the famous Hiilawe Falls, one of Hawaii’s tallest waterfalls, and enjoy light refreshments. No experience is necessary, and your experienced, knowledgeable guide will ensure a safe and enjoyable time.
- All necessary equipment included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Meet at Waipio Valley Artworks in beautiful downtown Kukuihaele, a 90-minute drive from Kona and 75-minute drive from Hilo, to begin your ATV adventure.
After a safety orientation and ATV demonstration, strap on your provided safety gear, hop on your personal ATV or open-air buggy, driven by a guide, and then ride through the breathtaking scenery of ancient Waipio Valley, featuring sheer 2,000-foot (610-meter) cliffs and vistas of black-sand beaches.
Admire this serene, awe-inspiring and majestic place – a sacred royal land that’s the center of many Hawaiian legends and folklore -- and catch amazing panoramic views as you follow your guide through eucalyptus forests.
Stop to swim at a beautiful waterfall pond, created by the waters of Hiilawe Falls, one of the tallest and most powerful waterfalls in Hawaii. Then, see the back side of Parker Ranch, one of Hawaii's largest ranches, and head to the top of Waipio to ride along the rim.
You’ll enjoy light refreshments and stories from your experienced, knowledgeable and fun guide, and end your tour back where you started.
Hiilawe Falls in Waipi'o Valley
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Waipi'o Valley (90-minute drive from Kona, 75-minute drive from Hilo)
- 8:50am and 12:50pm, daily
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour at 8:50am
Tour at 12:50pm
- 3.5-hour ATV tour through Waipio Valley
- All necessary safety equipment, including a helmet
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- Minimum age is 5 years; children 5-15 years of age ride with the guide in an open-air buggy
- Weight limit is 100-350lbs
- No tandem ATV riding; all ATV riders will be single drivers
- Long pants and closed-toe shoes are highly recommended
- Swimsuit is recommended for stop at waterfall
- No prior experience needed
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.