Kicking Horse River Whitewater Rafting
White water rafting is the ultimate summer outdoor activity and the Kicking Horse River is the best river in the Canadian Rockies! With your transport included, embark in 2 - 2.5 hours of upper canyon rafting on a half day trip from Banff, before heading back to enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch.
Start your trip by enjoying a scenic drive from Canmore, Banff or Lake Louise through Yoho National Park. Upon arrival at the put in site, you'll meet your river guides and be provided with all the necessary rafting gear.
Once on the water, this unforgettable journey begins calmly and quietly, allowing rafters to familiarize themselves with the raft, their paddles and their guides' commands. As the Canyon narrows, the rapids of the mighty Kicking Horse begin a whitewater experience that will take each team of rafters paddling through up to class 4+ rapids, finishing 12 miles (20km) downstream!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
2936 Kicking Horse Road, Golden, BC
Pickup available from the following Canmore, Banff and Lake Louise locations (for an additional cost):Canmore, BC:
- Canmore Radisson (MUST be a minimum of 4 passengers)
- Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
- Hidden Ridge/Douglas Fir
- Banff Centre
- Rundlestone Lodge
- Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa
- Fox Hotel
- Samesun Backpackers
- Banff Aspen Lodge
- Banff Ptarmigan Inn
- Fairmont Banff Springs
- Rimrock Resort
- Samson Mall
- The Information Centre
- May 17 - June 20: 1pm
- June 21 - September 14: 9:15am
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
AM without Transportation
Kicking Horse River Whitewater Rafting without Transportation - Morning Departure
USD $109.40Pricing details
AM with Transportation
Morning departure of Kicking Horse River Whitewater Rafting including round-trip transportation
USD $126.49Pricing details
PM without Transportation
Kicking Horse River Whitewater Rafting without Transportation - Afternoon Departure
USD $109.40Pricing details
- All river rafting equipment
- Certified guides
- BBQ lunch (including vegetarian options)
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off (if option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Video and photos of your rafting adventure available for purchase
- Hotel pickup and drop off (if option not selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Children must weigh at least 90 lbs to participate in this tour
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Reviewed by: stephx, July 2014
Highlight of my holiday. This tour was so much fun. Everything was well organised and I always felt safe on the river. It starts of pretty calm to get everyone comfortable. The last leg of the ride is very exhilarating, with class 4 rapids. A must-do.
Reviewed by: Alexei G, USA, August 2011
Great Tour! Highly recommend!