Best Haunted Austin and Bat Bridge Segway Tour
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Cruise down Congress Avenue to see the Texas State Capitol Building and the Driskill Hotel, known for its ghost sightings. Learn about the hotel's 'Suicide Brides' urban legend, which holds that two women committed suicide in the same bathroom 20 years apart on the same day.
Glide by the Austin Convention Center and down famous 6th Street, the heart of the live entertainment scene, until you reach the Austin Moonlight Towers. Built in the 19th century, these lighting structures illuminated the city at night, and some say they were erected in response to the Servant Girl Annihilator, a serial killer who plagued the city in 1884. Learn from your guide how Austin is one of the world’s only cities to still operate these towers.
Head to Lady Bird Lake, a reservoir on the Colorado River with the city skyline as a backdrop. Here, see the Congress Avenue Bridge, home to one of the world’s largest urban bat colonies. From mid-March to early November, before migrating to Mexico, free-tailed bats reside under the bridge and emerge from their slumber at dusk!
You’ll make stops along the way to take photos and learn about the sights you see. Return to Lavaca Street in the late evening to conclude your tour.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Evening Flight of the Bats from Congress Avenue Bridge
- Segway tour
- Orientation session
- Local taxes
- Use of helmet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- Minimum weight requirement is 100 lbs (45 kg) and maximum recommended weight limit is 275 lbs (125 kg)
- Riders should be able to climb stairs without assistance and stand for at least 1 hour
- All riders must be at least 14 years of age
- All riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- All riders must sign a liability waiver
- Please dress appropriately and wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes. Please do not bring large backpacks or purses.
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Bats are typically seen in higher numbers from March to October
Reviewed by: John F, November 2015
Our guide Elizabeth was excellent. This was our first experience with a Segway and it was great. It's hard not to want one of your own after this experience. Elizabeth was very patient with us and answered all of our questions while giving us a great tour of downtown Austin. We didn't get to see the bats probably too late in the year, but we still had a wonderful time. We highly suggest you put this on your itinerary when visiting Austin!
Reviewed by: Raul D, October 2015
It was so much fun and the only thing that was missing were the bats but you can't control that.