Select a datex
Experience Austin’s haunted past and present on this guided Segway tour. When dusk falls, visit haunted and spooky downtown sites like the Driskill Hotel, where ghosts have been sighted, and Congress Avenue Bridge, home to one of the world’s largest urban bat colonies that emerge at night! You’ll also see the still-standing Austin Moonlight Towers, built in the 19th century after a serial killer plagued the city. Throughout your tour, you’ll hear entertaining stories and facts about Austin from your knowledgeable guide.
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
When evening hits, meet on Lavaca Street in downtown Austin for your safety orientation. Once you’re comfortable on your Segway, follow your guide on a 2.5-hour sightseeing tour to discover Austin’s haunted side.
Cruise down Congress Avenue to see the Texas State Capitol Building and the Driskill Hotel, known for its ghost sightings. Learn about the hotel's 'Suicide Brides' urban legend, which holds that two women committed suicide in the same bathroom 20 years apart on the same day.
Glide by the Austin Convention Center and down famous 6th Street, the heart of the live entertainment scene, until you reach the Austin Moonlight Towers. Built in the 19th century, these lighting structures illuminated the city at night, and some say they were erected in response to the Servant Girl Annihilator, a serial killer who plagued the city in 1884. Learn from your guide how Austin is one of the world’s only cities to still operate these towers.
Head to Lady Bird Lake, a reservoir on the Colorado River with the city skyline as a backdrop. Here, see the Congress Avenue Bridge, home to one of the world’s largest urban bat colonies. From mid-March to early November, before migrating to Mexico, free-tailed bats reside under the bridge and emerge from their slumber at dusk!
You’ll make stops along the way to take photos and learn about the sights you see. Return to Lavaca Street in the late evening to conclude your tour.
Texas State Capitol Building at Night
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Downtown Austin, Lavaca Street
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs at 7pm
Evening Flight of the Bats from Congress Avenue Bridge
- Segway tour
- Orientation session
- Local taxes
- Use of helmet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- Minimum weight requirement is 100 lbs (45 kg) and maximum recommended weight limit is 275 lbs (125 kg)
- Riders should be able to climb stairs without assistance and stand for at least 1 hour
- All riders must be at least 14 years of age
- All riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- All riders must sign a liability waiver
- Please dress appropriately and wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes. Please do not bring large backpacks or purses.
- Not recommended for pregnant women
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.