Atlanta Film Tour: Hollywood of the South
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Learn about the history of film in Atlanta, where more than 700 movies and 20 television shows have been shot since 1972. Pass the home of Margaret Mitchell, who wrote Gone with the Wind. See the site of the theater where the movie premiered in 1939 and drive down the famous street that the film’s cast walked down to view the film.
Pass quaint, hidden downtown shops and stop for photo opportunities. Show off your movie knowledge during a game of trivia, where you can win some great prizes including tickets to attractions in the city and movie studio swag.
Drive past the temple, factory and Piggly Wiggly from Driving Miss Daisy, and see the restaurant where Michael meets his brother in The Blind Side. To enhance your experience, you’ll watch film clips on board, letting you see the real-life sites in action on screen.
Visit Miller’s Rexall Drugs store, whose wares inspired Paul McCartney’s album title Run Devil Run and featured the iconic storefront on the cover. See where Tyler Perry began his acting career and where Kevin Bacon stopped by for BaconFest.
You’ll also drive by some of the hotspots that actors visit when in town, and cruise through some great Atlanta neighborhoods. You’ll end your tour back where you started.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
10am Atlanta Film Tour
Tour departs at 10am
Beacon County Sheriff Station from Teen Wolf
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local actor guide
- Bottled water
- Prizes for winners of trivia
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour operates in all weather. Umbrella or rain poncho is recommended for for light rain. For extreme weather conditions, please call the phone number on your voucher to reconfirm tour operation.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Wheelchair accessible
- Due to space constraints, strollers are not permitted