Private Tour: Alexandria Day Trip from Cairo
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
Your first stop in this historic city is the catacombs of Kom ash-Shuqqafa, a Roman burial site whose family tomb reveals the merging of Egyptian and Roman art and architecture. Descend below ground to visit the tomb and Caracalla Hall.
Back above ground, continue to Pompey's Pillar, an 82-foot (25-meter) granite column built to honor Emperor Diocletian, who freed the besieged city and brought food to its starving people. Continuing the Roman theme, the next site your guide will show you is the Roman amphitheater, possibly the best preserved Roman site in Egypt. The site also includes the remains of a Roman street and homes.
After lunch (included) you will visit the famous Alexandria Library. In contrast to the ancient architecture found throughout Egypt, the Norwegian-designed building is a striking piece of modern design. A copy of every book published in the world is kept in the library, making it one of the great literary sites in the world. The library also houses several exhibitions relating to the history of Egypt and a display of rare antique books (additional cost).
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Reviewed by: Qinou Z, July 2014
A wonderful trip. I required a Chinese speaking guide trially, they did that! Surprised me! I have to say that it was perfect trip. Generally we visit four attractions and a restuarant in Alexandria. Not too many people there and the food was really good. An amazing city. Driver and guide are highly recommended. The guide name is Mahmoud Mohamed Fayed, If you are a Chinese visitor, he will be the right person for you.
Reviewed by: Miguelangel M, July 2012
Nice drive to Alexandria. Interesting tour.