Select a datex
An overnight cruise amidst spectacular Milford Sound, is a once in a lifetime experience. While on board the Milford Mariner you will cruise the full length of this spectacular fiord to the Tasman Sea before anchoring for the night in sheltered Harrison Cove.As you board your luxury coach in Queenstown you can enjoy a relaxing 5-hour trip along the shores of Lake Wakatipu and through rolling countryside to Te Anau. The coach driver provides an informative commentary. Stopping in Te Anau for a short lunch break before the excursion continues along the spectacular Milford Road. There is time for a photo stop and short walks along the way.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Multi-Day Trip
- All-inclusive tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Upon arrival at Milford Sound, you will board the Milford Mariner for the overnight cruise. The vessel explores many points of interest, with plenty of time available to view waterfalls, rain forest, mountains and wildlife with the experienced nature guide on board.
The Milford Mariner offers you a very special dinner, bed and breakfast experience. With a nature guide at hand you can explore in the tender craft and kayaks or simply relax on deck. After the days activities, enjoy a delicious evening buffet in the spacious saloon before retiring to your private cabin. The Milford Mariner has a spacious dinning saloon, observation lounge and large open deck areas for viewing the scenery of Milford Sound.
The vessel returns to and anchors overnight in sheltered Harrison Cove. Activities include kayaking and exploring the shoreline on the tender craft. The overnight cruise includes a delicious three course buffet dinner and cooked breakfast. The next morning there is further cruising before returning to Milford Sound Wharf.
After disembarkation on the morning of the second day you'll return to Queenstown by coach allowing time to reflect on the beauty of the morning scenery.
Optional Upgrade (Coach/Cruise/Fly): Complete your Milford Sound experience with a one-way 35-minute scenic twin-engine flight from Milford to Queenstown. After discovering Mildford Sound from the sea, board your scenic flight for a birds eye view of this spectacular region, fly over alpine scenery, glaciers, rivers and rainforests. A courtesy shuttle will pick you up from the wharf to the airstrip located only minutes away. This is trully a memorable experience you will not soon forget!
IMPORTANT: Flights are weather dependent. If due to unfavorable weather conditions the flight does not operate, you will return to Queenstown by luxury coach and refunded the difference.
Scenic flight from Milford to Queenstown
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Centrally located Queenstown hotels
Real Journeys Visitors Centre
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 3:30pm on Day 2
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Milford Sound overnight cruise with private cabin. Includes return luxury coach travel to Milford, hotel pickup/drop off from Queenstown, breakfast and 3-course dinner plus use of kayaks.
Milford Sound overnight cruise with private cabin. Includes one-way coach travel to Milford & one-way scenic flight, hotel pickup from Queenstown, breakfast and 3-course dinner plus use of kayaks.
Milford Sound Mariner Overnight Cruise from Queenstown
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Queenstown
- Luxury coach transfers with commentary from Queenstown to Mildford Sound (5-hours in each direction)
- Overnight Milford Sound Cruise
- Private cabins with en suite bathrooms
- 3-course dinner
- One-way scenic flight from Milford to Queenstown (if option selected at time of booking)
- Underwater Observatory entrance fee
- Drinks, fully licensed bar is available on cruise
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vessel information: The cruise has spacious viewing decks, dining saloon, fully licensed bar and observation lounge.
- Need to bring: Non-slip shoes/ boots, waterproof jacket, warm sweater/fleece jacket, sunscreen/sunglasses, insect repellent, swimwear (optional), camera, cash for bar and snacks. Overnight bag only required.
- Maximum capacity - sleeps 60
- Aircraft is a twin-engine 7 to 9-seater Britten Normal Islander.
- IMPORTANT: Flights are weather dependent. If due to unfavorable weather conditions the flight does not operate, you will return to Queenstown by luxury coach and refunded the difference.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.