Phillip Island: Penguins, Koalas and Kangaroos Day Tour from Melbourne
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Your first stop is a wildlife encounter at Maru Koala and Animal Park, to interact with koalas, kangaroos, Tasmanian devils and other native Australian animals.
Continue to the beach resort of San Remo and cross the bridge to Phillip Island. Travel around the island's surf coast to admire the rock formations of the Nobbies, home to penguins, fur seals and sea birds.
Your next stop is the Penguin Parade at Summerland Beach, where you can visit the information center to learn more about the cute little penguins. Then take your seat to watch the nightly Penguin Parade as the little penguins come home to their burrows after a day spent fishing at sea. Watch as part of the world's largest colony of smallest penguin species leave the water and waddle up the beach to their homes.
Optional Penguin Parade upgrades:
Penguin Plus Viewing Platform
Watch the parade from an exclusive viewing platform next to the main route from the sea followed by the penguins. Limited to 150 people, the experience includes a free drink and small gift.
The Penguin Skybox
View the Penguin Parade from the exclusive vantage point of an elevated viewing tower located at the main viewing stands. Limited to just five people, the Skybox is warm and dry, and gives you the best view of the penguins' burrows on Summerland Beach. Interact with the ranger and join in the nightly penguin count, assisting in the ongoing research to help protect Phillip Island's little penguins. The Skybox experience includes canapes and non-alcoholic drinks.
Ultimate Penguin Tour
The ultimate penguin experience is limited to a maximum of 15 people. Visit a secluded beach location for a special guided tour that allows you to get even closer to the little penguins.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Federation Square, Melbourne City
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
9:30pm - 10:30pm April - September
11pm - 12am October - March
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Standard Penguin Parade
See the Phillip Island Penguin Parade from public boardwalks and viewing stands. No maximum number of people
Penguin Plus Viewing Platform
Unique up-close and interactive penguin viewing with commentary by an eco-qualified ranger. Excellent penguin viewing from wooden seating and boardwalks. Max. 150 people
See the Phillip Island Penguin Parade from an exclusive elevated viewing tower, accompanied by a personal ranger. Max. 5 people
Ultimate Penguin Tour
More personal penguin viewing on exclusive viewing area of beach. Includes mat, headset for live commentary and guided tour of Penguin Parade Visitors Center. Max. 15 people
Penguin Parade Phillip Island
©Received from Laura Tan AAT Kings 05 June 13
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary on board
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under 16 are not permitted on skybox tour
- Children under 12 are not permitted on the private parade tour
- Adina Grand Apartments: 12:40pm
- Atlantis Hotel: 12:25pm
- Bayview Eden: 12:05pm
- Bayview On The Park: 12:05pm
- Crown Metropol: 12:15pm
- Crown Promenade: 12:15pm
- Crown Towers: 12:15pm
- Crown Plaza Hotel: 12:20pm
- Dowtown On Lygon: 12:15pm
- Eastern Townhouse: 12:35pm
- Hilton On The Park: 12:40pm
- Hilton Southwharf: 12:20pm
- Holiday inn Flinders: 12:30pm
- Hotel Sophia:12:40pm
- Ibis Hotel Therry St: 12:15pm
- Ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel: 12:35pm
- Intercontinental Hotel The Rialto: 12:25pm
- King St Backpackers: 12:40pm
- Langham Hotel: 12:15pm
- Magnolia Court: 12:35pm
- Mantra On Russell: 12:55pm
- Mantra On The Park: 12:30pm
- Marriott Hotel: 12:30pm
- Mecure Pullman Albert Park: 12:05pm
- Mecure Treasury Gardens: 12:40pm
- Miami Hotel: 12pm
- Novotel Bayside: 11:55am
- Novotel Collins: 12:45pm
- Oaks On Market: 12:45pm
- Park Hyatt: 12:35pm
- Radisson Flagstaff: 12:20pm
- Rendezvous Hotel: 12:50pm
- Rydges Carlton: 12:50pm
- Rydges Melbourne: 12:45pm
- Sofitel Hotel: 12:50pm
- Stamford Plaza: 12:50pm
- Travellodge Docklands: 11:45am
- Vibe Savoy: 12:30pm
- Windsor Hotel: 12:40pm
- YHA Metro (Queensberry): 12pm
Reviewed by: iamagolfer, March 2015
We took the whole tour, meaning we left Melbourne in the afternoon and finished this around 11:00 p.m. back in the city. The finish time varies depending on the season, with the summer it's later. This tour is great to start off our visit in Melbourne. I had seen this more than 15 years ago but this time it didn't disappoint. I will definitely recommend the guided ranger option as you can stroll along the Penguin+ boardwalk to see many penguins even when you only saw a few on the shore. Sometimes the numbers you can see on the shore vary from 40 to 400 from night to night.
Reviewed by: Marianne R, February 2015
The tour was absolutely marvelous and I highly recommend it.
Driver-guide was absolutely wonderful. He provided a lot of interesting information, was very attentive to tourists needs and went out of his way to make the excursion the most pleasurable experience. The guide had a very nice disposition and talked about Australia with love and pride which was very touching and meaningful.
I enjoyed my tours with AAT Kings and brought home the best memories of Australia.
The guides of AAT Kings are the credit to the tourist industry. I am very grateful to them and wish them all the best in the New 2015 Year.