Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond and Whisky Trail Small Group Day Trip from Glasgow
Leaving Stirling, you'll travel past Doune Castle, Callander and into the Trossachs, an area popularized by authors such as Sir Walter Scott and Daniel Defoe. This is also the territory of Rob Roy MacGregor, Scotland's Robin Hood. The tour stops for a leisurely lunch (own expense) outside the village of Aberfoyle.
After lunch, continue to the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond, Scotland's largest loch where you can enjoy a walk before heading to the picturesque Distillery of Glengoyne. You can choose to take an optional tour of the distillery (additional cost) or visit the shop.
The Scottish Highlands and Islands are Europe's last great wilderness! This personalized tour is as close as you can get to touring in your own car, with the added benefit of gaining intimate knowledge of Scotland. Traveling in a small group means you can take lots of stops and reach "out of the way" places, giving you more time off the bus to discover the real Scotland.
Winner of the Inaugural Scottish Thistle Award for Sustainable Tourism, October 2007
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Stirling Castle, Scotland
- Professional driver/guide
- Modern Mercedes minivan with forced air ventilation (maximum 16 people)
- Distillery tour
- Entrance fees to Stirling Castle
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 6 years
- There are opportunities to take nature walks, it is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear. Scotland can be a wet place!
Reviewed by: Carole L, November 2015
Wonderful tour! Juliet was so knowledgeable and made our trip both educational and entertaining. We highly recommend this tour!
Reviewed by: tamar r, November 2015
tour was interesting, guide was very knowledgeable and nice