Private Tour: Kalabsha Temple on Lake Nasser
- Hotel Pick-Up
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
The facade of the temple is undecorated suggesting it was never finish by its original builder, the Roman emperor Octavius Augustus. Despite being unfinished, Kalabsha Temple is considered the most complete, and largest free-standing temple in Nubia. The inner walls feature Egyptian artwork including a carving of St George slaying a dragon and Coptic crosses, showing the influence of Christians who used the temple as a church during the Roman persecution. Another piece of artwork which is a feature of the temple is a carving declaring the prohibition of eating pork which is carved in Meroitic. This language remains a mystery to Egyptologists today, with its origin still unknown.
Your private tour from Aswan includes a qualified Egyptologist guide, entrance fees and transportation from your Aswan hotel.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Kalabsha Temple, Aswan
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel/port pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat