Select a datex
Spend two days exploring the very best of Cairns. Enjoy a full day in tropical Kuranda and on your second day discover why the Great Barrier Reef is one of the world's a natural wonders. Including a reef cruise and a scenic helicopter flight, this two day package is the ultimate reef and rainforest experience, leaving you with plenty of time to fully appreciate Australia's tropical north.
Day 1 - Kuranda Scenic Railway with optional Rainforestation Tour
Enjoy a scenic, historical train journey through the Barron Gorge past cascading waterfalls to Kuranda, the village in the rainforest. Spend the day wandering the unique township, exploring the markets, unusual handicrafts and all that Kuranda has to offer.
Return to Cairns aboard the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and glide over pristine World Heritage-listed rainforest suspended high above the lush tropical canopy. Enjoy stops along the way with interpretive boardwalks through the rainforest. The return transfer to your original departure point is included.
Rainforestation Upgrade: You can enhance your rainforest experience with an optional trip to Rainforestation. Experience a 45-minute rainforest tour, aboard a World War II Army Duck while your guide points out ferns, orchids, strangler figs and stinging trees, as well as birds such as the azure kingfisher and a host of other animals and reptiles. Enjoy a buffet lunch and the Dreamtime Walk where you will learn about Aboriginal culture with a traditional corroboree, boomerang and spear throwing. Meet Australian animals including wombats, dingoes and crocodiles, hand feed kangaroos or have your photo taken cuddling a koala.
Day 2 Great Barrier Reef Cruise and Scenic 30-minute Helicopter Tour
Your trip begins with a cruise aboard Osprey V to the Great Barrier Reef, where you'll spend five hours exploring two incredible reef destinations. Enjoy a tropical BBQ lunch with fish, prawns, steak and salads. Snorkeling and glass-bottom boat coral viewing tours are also included in your reef adventure with up to three optional dives (own expense) available for either the beginner or advanced diver. The day concludes with an amazing 30-minute scenic helicopter flight over five reef systems and cays arriving back in Cairns and finishing off your two day adventure in style.
2-Day Kuranda Scenic Railway, Skyrail, Great Barrier Reef Cruise and Helicopter Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from selected Cairns, Palm Cove and Northern Beaches centrally located hotels
- 8:30am on Days 1 and 2
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately at 4:00pm on both days
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
2-day Best of Cairns. Includes hotel pickup and drop-off from Cairns or the Northern Beaches on both days
2-day Best of Cairns including admission to all 3 attractions at Rainforestation Nature Park with buffet lunch, and hotel pick up and drop off from Cairns or the Northern Beaches on both days
2-Day Best of Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef
- Hotel pickup and drop
- Kuranda Scenic Rail and Skyrail Cableway
- Great Barrier Reef Cruise
- 30-minute helicopter one-way tour from Great Barrier Reef to Cairns
- Use of snorkeling equipment
- Glass bottom boat coral viewing
- Buffet lunch
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Scuba diving
- AU$20 Environmental Management Charge and Fuel Levy is payable direct to the operator on the day of travel
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 110kg (242 pounds) will be required to pay an extra AU$70 per person
- There is a maximum of 4 passengers permitted per helicopter
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Snorkeling equipment is provided
- The Great Barrier Reef Cruise does not need to be taken on the second day, but within 7-days of the Kuranda Scenic Railway tour. You'll be required to reconfirm both tours at least 24-hours from the Kuranda Scenic Railway departure date
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.