2-Day Best of Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef
Enjoy a scenic, historical train journey through the Barron Gorge past cascading waterfalls to Kuranda, the village in the rainforest. Spend the day wandering the unique township, exploring the markets, unusual handicrafts and all that Kuranda has to offer.
Return to Cairns aboard the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and glide over pristine World Heritage-listed rainforest suspended high above the lush tropical canopy. Enjoy stops along the way with interpretive boardwalks through the rainforest. The return transfer to your original departure point is included.
Rainforestation Upgrade: You can enhance your rainforest experience with an optional trip to Rainforestation. Experience a 45-minute rainforest tour, aboard a World War II Army Duck while your guide points out ferns, orchids, strangler figs and stinging trees, as well as birds such as the azure kingfisher and a host of other animals and reptiles. Enjoy a buffet lunch and the Dreamtime Walk where you will learn about Aboriginal culture with a traditional corroboree, boomerang and spear throwing. Meet Australian animals including wombats, dingoes and crocodiles, hand feed kangaroos or have your photo taken cuddling a koala.
Day 2 Great Barrier Reef Cruise and Scenic 30-minute Helicopter Tour
Your trip begins with a cruise aboard Osprey V to the Great Barrier Reef, where you'll spend five hours exploring two incredible reef destinations. Enjoy a tropical BBQ lunch with fish, prawns, steak and salads. Snorkeling and glass-bottom boat coral viewing tours are also included in your reef adventure with up to three optional dives (own expense) available for either the beginner or advanced diver. The day concludes with an amazing 30-minute scenic helicopter flight over five reef systems and cays arriving back in Cairns and finishing off your two day adventure in style.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
2 Day Best of Cains only
2-day Best of Cairns. Includes hotel pickup and drop-off from Cairns or the Northern Beaches on both days
2-day Best of Cairns including admission to all 3 attractions at Rainforestation Nature Park with buffet lunch, and hotel pick up and drop off from Cairns or the Northern Beaches on both days
2-Day Best of Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional guide
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Kuranda Scenic Rail and Skyrail Cableway
- Great Barrier Reef Cruise
- 30-minute helicopter one-way tour from Great Barrier Reef to Cairns
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- AU$20 Environmental Management Charge and Fuel Levy is payable direct to the operator on the day of travel
- Scuba Diving
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 110kg (242 pounds) will be required to pay an extra AU$70 per person
- There is a maximum of 4 passengers permitted per helicopter
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- The Great Barrier Reef Cruise does not need to be taken on the second day, but within 7-days of the Kuranda Scenic Railway tour. You'll be required to reconfirm both tours at least 24-hours from the Kuranda Scenic Railway departure date
Reviewed by: flurogal2, January 2015
This tour was amazing!
Reviewed by: alison b, October 2014
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE . MAKE SURE YOU DO OVER 2 DAYS THOUGH TO GIVE ENOUGH TIME IN KURANDA . WORTHWHILE WHEN YOU GET OFF THE TRAIN IN KURANDA GOING TO THE SKYRAIL TICKET OFFICE (ONLY 2 MINS WALK AWAY ) TO PICK UP YOUR TICKETS FOR THE RETURN JOURNEY LATER IN THE DAY TO SAVE QUEUING AS WAS QUITE BUSY GOING BACK DOWN . TRAIN RIDE PRETTY SPECTACULAR AND KURANDA VERY QUAINT . WE WENT END OF SEPT AND THE WATERFALL IS NOT IN FULL FLOW THEN . THE BARRIER REEF TRIP WAS EXCELLENT ALSO . THE CREW ON THE BOAT WERE BRILLIANT . WE TOOK HELICOPTER BACK TO CAIRNS WHICH GAVE SPECTACULAR VIEWS OF THE BARRIER REEF . THE WHOLE TRIP WAS WELL ORGANISED WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL.