Coast and Rainforest Walk Eco-Tour from Auckland
This full day tour goes firstly to the Arataki Visitor Information Centre situated within Auckland's largest regional park, Waitakere Ranges Regional Park. The breathtaking panoramic views from the sweeping decks extend from the Tasman Sea to the Pacific Ocean. Absorb the area's history and admire the magnificent traditional Maori carvings that stand guard there.
- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Continue further West with your knowledgeable and highly experienced guide to New Zealand's wild and rugged West Coast where you get to experience the isolation of the area. The guides walk you through an area of Auckland's coastal rainforest where they explain the local flora and fauna of the area with its giant tree ferns growing alongside picturesque streams in regenerating rainforest. You then get the opportunity to visit a magnificent rugged West Coast beach where you can stroll along and experience the uniqueness of the black sand and the clear ocean breeze.
A kiwi style picnic lunch at a scenic location, before your journey takes you to an area of untouched original rainforest with mature 1000 year old Kauri trees. New Zealand has existed for millions of years separate from the rest of the world so has evolved in isolation to produce its own unique flora and fauna - 70% of the native plants are found nowhere else in the world. The guides explain about native species as you walk amongst New Zealand's famous Kauri trees and native birds.
This unique small group tour operator is a Qualmark Endorsed Visitor Activity and provides expert guided eco-tours in the greater Auckland region - a company delivering a quality product focusing on the natural and cultural heritage of the area. Winner of the New Zealand 2007 Small Tourism Business Operator Award.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Coast and Rainforest Walk Tour from Auckland
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Local guide
- Light refreshments
- Picnic lunch
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Moderate level of walking ability required.
- Please advise your preferred lunch choice: chicken, roast beef or vegetarian filling in the special requirements box in the booking process
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Reviewed by: alehtsan, April 2015
I had a great time. I was on a small tour of five people and was able to walk around and feel the atmosphere of the place. There are no shopping trips though only nature walks around the black sanded beaches and the forest.
Reviewed by: Janet G, Canada, March 2015