Use your skip-the-line Vatican Museums ticket to explore ones of the world’s greatest museum complexes at leisure! A veritable Aladdin’s Cave, the Vatican Museums teem with history at every turn, glistening with magnificent Renaissance art and architecture. Queues are long, so skip past them with your fast-track ticket and then spend as long or as little as you like inside, seeing sites like Raphael’s Rooms and the Sistine Chapel – home to Michelangelo’s 'The Last Judgement' fresco. Upgrade your ticket to include a small-group guided tour (maximum 20 people), and put the dazzling sights of the Vatican into historical context.
Due to a new Vatican partnership, this tour provides VIP access through a reserved door, allowing you to skip all the lines – even the priority lines.
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
Meet your host in Vatican City, and head to a reserved entranceway that guarantees you the fastest skip-the-line access to the Vatican Museums – beating all the other priority-entrance lines! After showing your ticket to the Vatican guard, your host will leave you to discover this compelling museum complex and the Sistine Chapel on your own.
To see everything inside the Vatican Museums would be a definite feat, as the rooms that comprise them collectively stretch a staggering 9 miles (15km) around Vatican City. However, your ticket enables you to stay for as long or little as you want, meaning you can see as much of the art-filled rooms as your heart desires.
Places not to be missed include the Gallery of the Candelabra, a long corridor packed with elegantly carved marble candelabras and sculptures, and, of course, Raphael’s Rooms – a series of four interconnecting rooms that are adorned with Renaissance frescoes by Raphael and his pupils. Amble through the Gallery of Maps, where 40 huge maps of Italy are on show, and steep yourself in early 16th-century geography as you gaze in wonder at their intricate detail.
Whatever way you choose to explore the Vatican Museums, the layout of the complex means that the Sistine Chapel is likely to be the last sight you’ll see – the Vatican obviously intended to save the best ‘til last! Awe-inspiring in every sense of the word, the 15th-century sacred chapel holds profound religious significance to the Catholic Church, as it’s the place where the papal conclave is locked to elect new popes. Matching its religious highlights in equal measures, is the Sistine Chapel’s artwork; see bedazzling masterpieces including Michelangelo’s ceiling fresco The Creation of Adam and iconic wall painting The Last Judgement.
Ticket and Tour:
Want to see all the sights of the Vatican Museum but hear their history, too? Then upgrade to join a 5-star rated tour, taking in the highlights of the museum complex and the Sistine Chapel, plus St Peter’s Basilica – the holiest place in Christendom. With an expert guide at your side, learn about the Vatican’s power, art and treachery, and see all the attractions in an intimate small group of no more than 20.
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums Entrance Tickets
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Vatican City, near the Vatican Museums
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Arrive at 10:15am and enter the Vatican Museums at 10:30am
Arrive at 1:45pm and enter the Vatican Museums at 2pm
Arrive at 8:45am and enter the Vatican Museums at 9am. Ticket includes a small-group tour (maximum 20 people)
Arrive at 9:45am and enter the Vatican Museums at 10am. Ticket includes a small-group tour (maximum 20 people)
Arrive at 2:15pm and enter the Vatican Museums at 2:30pm. Ticket includes a small-group tour (maximum 20 people)
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums Tickets
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket
- Small-group tour (if option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 24 hours, subject to availability.
- On Wednesday departure there is the possibility that you will be unable to include St. Peter's Basilica and St. Peter's Square. This is due to the weekly Papal Audience during which access to St. Peter's Basilica could be closed. As an alternative you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you would prefer a ticket with St. Peter's Basilica and Square guaranteed to be included, please DO NOT select Wednesday as your travel date.
- We are unable to accommodate other entrance times. Entrance is strictly limited so you must arrive early. Anyone who arrives late cannot be accommodated.
- We cannot predict when individual museums will be crowded. In general long lines are common at major attractions in summer, on most weekends, and during peak travel periods throughout the year (Christmas, Easter, local holidays). Our skip-the-line tickets enable you to skip the line if indeed there is one. Unfortunately there is no way to foresee which days and times will produce lines, and which will not.
- On rare occasions St. Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, we spend a full 3-hours touring the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. We will list new affected dates as they become available. The tour guides aim to notify guests if St. Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed upon commencement of the tour. It is beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued.
- Do you cater to wheelchair users? Do you or the Vatican provide wheelchairs? For your information, Vatican Museums provide wheelchairs free of charge in the main lobby. You can easily pick one up after entrance, before starting your own independent visit. If you are looking for a guided tour with wheelchair access, we recommend booking our private tours so a guide can lead you through the alternate routes.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.