Private Helicopter Tour: Great Barrier Reef Island Snorkeling and Gourmet Picnic Lunch
Take a scenic helicopter tour from Cairns and spend the morning relaxing on far-flung Vlasoff Cay, surrounded by the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef. You will land on this remote coral sand island with all the supplies you'll need for your two-hour island retreat: a gourmet picnic hamper including champagne and nibbles, picnic blanket, beach umbrella, deck chairs and snorkeling equipment. What more could you wish for!
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Snorkel gear included
- Lunch included
Scenic helicopter flights from Cairns take you over the stunning Great Barrier Reef, one of the world's greatest natural wonders. You'll have unforgettable views of the Great Barrier Reef's coral and marine life, plus the gorgeous tropical coastline and islands of Far North Queensland. While enjoying the incredible views of the reef, you'll take some of the most spectacular photos imaginable.
You'll then have two hours to relax, read a book, swim in the crystal-clear waters, snorkel, bask in the sun, snack on your gourmet picnic supplies and sip champagne. And as you soak up the magic of this idyllic world, you'll be equipped with life's little comforts, like a picnic blanket, beach umbrella and deck chairs.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
General Aviation at the Cairns Airport
Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Great Barrier Reef Fantasy Helicopter Tour and Vlasoff Cay Landing
- 30-minute scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef
- 2-hours on secluded Vlasoff Cay
- Picnic basket including gourmet food and beverages
- Snorkeling equipment
- Picnic blanket, beach umbrella and beach chairs
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Australia's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Return transfers from Port Douglas hotels are available at an additional cost of AU$55, payable direct to the coach driver on the day of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- There is a minimum of 2 and maximum of 6 passengers permitted per helicopter.
- All passenger weights for the helicopter flight MUST be advised at time of booking. Any individual weighing over 110kg will be required to pay an extra 50% of an additional seat in order to fly
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Reviewed by: THOMAS C, April 2014
The people at the tour company were very friendly and comfortable to be around. The food was fantastic! We weren't exactly sure what we expected, but this experience far exceeded everything we could have imagined! Highly recommend it to anyone wanting a "private" experience on the Great Barrier Reef. Much better than riding 2 hours each way in a boat and having to spend 4hrs on a pontoon with numerous other vacationers.
Reviewed by: Kathleen W, April 2013
For a special occasion, or even just because, this is a sensational trip to do. On time, professional pick up from our hotel, followed by a required safety information session, but it wasn't long til we were in the sky. Landing on Middle Cay just as the tide was receding was fantastic. While we snorkelled, our pilot laid out a picnic rug and champagne brunch - a very generous offering compared to others we have experienced! Having two hours to snorkle, swim, lie in the sun and just enjoy the reef was wonderful. An experience we couldn't recommend more highly!