Select a datex
Do you enjoy historical tours? This full day tour from Hobart has been designed to allow as much time as possible to explore Port Arthur. Formerly a convict site, Port Arthur is bursting with history and today boasts a landscape of natural beauty, scenic ruins and restored buildings. Make the most out of your day and join the informative fully guided historical walking tour then jump on board the relaxing cruise to the Isle of the Dead!
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
Port Arthur Historic Site is a compelling and dramatic reminder of our convict past and the early settlement of the Colony of Van Dieman's Land, now Tasmania. Interpretive and interactive presentations being the reality the harrowing life of convicts 200 years ago. Please note, this tour offers the opportunity for maximum time at Port Arthur Historic Site.
- Cross the Tasman Bridge
- Head out on the Tasman Highway over the Pitwater Causeway onto Forestier Peninsular
- Eaglehawk Neck
- Skirt Norfolk Bay on the Tasman Peninsula
- Take a guided walking tour of the historic convict site - Port Arthur, with access to over 30 restored buildings and ruins
- See the Penitentiary - a one time granary and flour mill, the separate prison, the Commandant's House, the church and much more...
- Take a cruise on Carnarvon Bay and circumnavigate the Isle of the Dead
- Visit Highlights of the Tasman National Park
- Wonder at the spectacle of the Tasman Arch
- Superb views of the rugged coastline
- Be amazed at the magnitude of the Devils Kitchen
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from your centrally located Hobart hotel
- October to April
May to September
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Concludes at Bus Terminal, Brooke Street Pier, Hobart at approximately 5:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Port Arthur Tour from Hobart
- Full-day guided Historical Walking Tour of Port Arthur
- 30-minute Harbor Cruise
- Entrance fees to Port Arthur
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please bring good walking shoes for the walking tour. If you do not wish to participate in the full walking tour, please note small golf buggies are available free of charge. Passengers can locate a buggy at the front entrance of Port Arthur Visitor Center (full commentary included).
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.