Blue Mountains Nature and Wildlife Day Tour from Sydney
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Follow the winding Cliff Drive on your journey into the Blue Mountains National Park, where your first stop is Echo Point. Overlooking the rocky outcrops and eucalypt forests of the Megalong Valley, from Echo Point you can see right across the valley to the Three Sisters rock formation at Katoomba. While taking in the views, enjoy a commentary on the Aboriginal legends behind these famous rocky pinnacles.
Visit Scenic World, where you can ride the world’s steepest railways or take the gondola for aerial views of the valley below (if option selected).
More Aboriginal legends await at the Waradah Aboriginal Centre, an acclaimed contemporary gallery. See traditional artworks, watch dance performances, enjoy an interactive didgeridoo experience, and learn about contemporary Aboriginal culture firsthand from the local Darug and Gundungurra people.
Leaving the cultural center, travel to the quaint mountain township of Leura, home to cafes, restaurants and the Candy Store with sweets from Australia and around the world. Enjoy lunch in Leura (own expense or included if you choose the lunch option) and browse the town's antique stores and boutiques.
In the afternoon, hand-feed kangaroos and wallabies and enjoy a close-up encounter with koalas at Featherdale Wildlife Park, one of Australia's largest private collections of native animals and birds. Don’t forget your camera to photograph the varied wildlife in a natural bush setting.
As you head back to Sydney, travel via Olympic Park to see the impressive stadiums built for the Sydney 2000 Olympics, and be returned to selected Sydney hotels in the late afternoon.
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Star City Casino
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Blue Mountains Tour
Blue Mountains and Australian Wildlife tour
Blue Mountains Tour & Lunch
Blue Mountains and Australian Wildlife tour with lunch
Tour, Lunch & Scenic World
Blue Mountains and Australian Wildlife tour with lunch. Includes Scenic World rides: Scenic Railway, Scenic Skyway, Scenic Cableway, Scenic Walkway
- Lunch (If option selected)
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entrance fees to Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Rides at Scenic World (if option selected)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Scenic Skyway - Australia's only horizontal passenger-carrying cable car. It is a 7-minute ride 656 feet (200 meters) above the Jamison Valley where you can appreciate superb views of the Three Sisters, Katoomba Falls, Mt Solitary and Orphan Rock. The Skyway operates every 10 minutes.
- Scenic Railway - This is the world's steepest incline railway. Travel through the tunnel and ancient rainforest as the railway descends 1361 feet (415 meters) down the escarpment at a gradient of 52 degrees. The railway takes you to the rainforest boardwalk connecting to the Sceniscender platform and operates every 10 minutes.
- Scenic Cableway - The steepest aerial cable car in Australia will take you on a 1788 feet (545 meters) ride into the World Heritage Listed rainforest of the Jamison valley. The Scenic Cableway is completely wheelchair accessible.
Light cafe-style lunch - menu subject to change
- Spaghetti bolognese pasta
- Chicken and salad wrap sandwich
- Samosas served with Greek yogurt and salad
- Vegetable and goats cheese frittata served with salad
7.45am Aspire Hotel
7.15am Cambridge Inn
7.15am Crescent on Bayswater
6.35am Crowne Plaza Coogee (No Drop-off)
7.10am De'Vere Hotel
7.40am Four Points Sheraton
7.25am Four Seasons
7.10am Grace Hotel
7.35am Hilton Hotel (Pitt St entrance)
6.40am Holiday Inn Airport Hotel (At bus stop)
7.45am Holiday Inn Darling Harbour
7.00am Ibis King Street Wharf
7.15am Intercontinental ( Macquarie St entrance)
7.00am Langham Hotel
7.05am Menzies Hotel
7.35am Mecure Sydney (Hotel driveway entrance)
7.20am Metro Sydney Central (Pitt st)
7.50am Novotel Darling Harbour
7.40am Novotel Sydney Central
7.35am Old Sydney Holiday Inn
7.45am Parkroyal Darling Harbour
7.40am Park Hyatt
7.30am Park Regis
7.25am Pullman Hyde Park
7.20am Radisson Blu
7.40am Rendezvous Studio Hotel (Quay St entrance)
7.25am Rydges World Square (Pitt st entrance)
7.20am Rydges Surry Hills
7.30am Shangri-la Hotel
7.35am Sheraton on the Park (Castlereagh st)
7.10am Sofitel Wentworth
7.50am Star City Coach Terminal
6.50am Pacific Bondi
7.40am Swissotel (meet at porters deck)
7.25am Sydney Harbour YHA
7.20am The Sydney Boulevard Hotel
7.15am Vibe Hotel Sydney
7.10am Westin Sydney (Pitt st entrance)
7.25am YHA Sydney Central
Reviewed by: Joanne S, November 2014
A really good day tour. Really knowledgeable driver who gave excellent commentary throughout. The mountains are impressive and I definitely recommend the "rides" at Scenic World (furnicular, cable cars) unless you are of a very nervous disposition (pretty steep but not a problem for most people). The aboriginal experience on the way there was quite enlightening, and the wildlife park was fab (stroking koalas and hand feeding wallabies). We were given the option of doing the final part of the journey home by boat into either Sydney or Darling harbour for a nominal sum, which was a great finish to a lovely day.
Reviewed by: Gail J, October 2014
Tour bus driver very knowledgeable, gave us great information and commentary about Sydney and The Blue Mountains etc. the area was spectacular, really enjoyed the Aboriginals show, and trying out the Didgeridoo! I would recommend this tour for all!