Best of Rome Walking Tour: Pantheon, Piazza Navona and Trevi Fountain
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Your stroll through Rome continues with a stop at Piazza Colonna, which contains the column erected by Marcus Aurelius and is considered by Romans to be the very center of the city. Stop at the Pantheon, with its impressive concrete dome and open oculus, which never fails to impress. Nearby you will explore Piazza Navona, with Bernini's famous "Fountain of the Four Rivers" triumphantly marking its center.
Finally, Campo de' Fiori gives you a taste of one of the liveliest and famous traditional Roman piazzas.
Super Saver Upgrade (Morning Small-Group Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour):
Keen to see more and have the morning free? Why not upgrade and include a 3-hour Colosseum and Ancient Rome small-group walking tour in the morning? By booking the two tours in this way, you'll save 13% compared to booking two tours separately. Start your day with a gentle stroll up Oppian Hill to enjoy unforgettable views of the Colosseum -- Ancient Rome's most iconic landmark. After heading back down, skip the long entrance lines of the Colosseum and enjoy priority access to explore this famous attraction with your expert guide. As you walk around the fascinating ground and first floors, hear stories from your guide about the amphitheater's intriguingly brutal past filled with bloodthirsty gladiators.
After leaving the Colosseum, head into Ancient Rome to see the Arch of Constantine before walking through the Roman Forum and up Palatine Hill. Your tour ends on Via Sacra, the main street that links the Colosseum to Capitoline Hill. Enjoy roughly two hours at your leisure. Explore the impressive ruins or have lunch at any of the several nearby restaurants (own expense) before meeting your guide for your Best of Rome Walking Tour in the afternoon.
* Rome's Trevi Fountain is currently under restoration until late 2015. A walkway above the central portion of the fountain will allow you to catch a glimpse of the ongoing work. Water will be drained during the process, but you'll still be able to cast your coins into the fountain for luck.
* The Pantheon is closed on Saturday for Mass. Full explanation about the Pantheon will be given from the outside.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departs near Piazza di Spagna
Super Saver Upgrade: Departs close to the Colosseo metro station
3:30pm: Standard Tour in English, Spanish and Portuguese
10am: Super Saver Upgrade
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Standard Tour in English
Best of Rome Walking Tour starting at 3:30pm, with English-speaking guide.
Standard Tour in Spanish
Best of Rome Walking Tour starting at 3:30pm, with Spanish-speaking guide.
Super Saver Upgrade in English
Morning Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour, starting at 10am (3 hours). Followed by afternoon Best of Rome Tour, starting at 3:30pm (3 hours). Both tours with English-speaking guide.
The Best of Rome Afternoon Walking Tour
- Guided walking tour (3-hours)
- Morning tour of Ancient Rome and Colosseum (if option selected)
- Personalized small tour (maximum 25 people)
- A coffee stop
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 24 hours, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: Rome's Trevi Fountain is currently under restoration until late 2015. A walkway above the central portion of the fountain will allow you to catch a glimpse of the ongoing work. Water will be drained during the process, but you'll still be able to cast your coins into the fountain for luck
- The Pantheon is closed on Saturday for Mass. Full explanation about the Pantheon will be given from the outside
- Piazza del Popolo
- Santa Maria del Popolo Church
- Spanish Steps
- Trevi Fountain
- Piazza Colonna
- Palazzo Montecitorio
- Palazzo Madama (Senate of the Italian Republic)
- Piazza Navona - Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi
- Campo de Fiori
Reviewed by: Ken M, August 2014
In order to fully understand sites of Rome , I feel this is a tour you must take. I was great and the guide added his own knowledge the city.
Reviewed by: Gilles L, June 2014
We really enjoyed this walking tour in Rome. Our guide Francesca is an archeologist and her knowledge of the sites made our tour fun and extremely interesting. This is a great way to see Rome and bring history to life.