Best of Rome Walking Tour: Pantheon, Piazza Navona and Trevi Fountain
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Your stroll through Rome continues with a stop at Piazza Colonna, which contains the column erected by Marcus Aurelius and is considered by Romans to be the very center of the city. Stop at the Pantheon, with its impressive concrete dome and open oculus, which never fails to impress. Nearby you will explore Piazza Navona, with Bernini's famous "Fountain of the Four Rivers" triumphantly marking its center.
Finally, Campo de' Fiori gives you a taste of one of the liveliest and famous traditional Roman piazzas.
Super Saver Upgrade (Morning Small-Group Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour):
Keen to see more and have the morning free? Why not upgrade and include a 3-hour Colosseum and Ancient Rome small-group walking tour in the morning? By booking the two tours in this way, you'll save 13% compared to booking two tours separately. Start your day with a gentle stroll up Oppian Hill to enjoy unforgettable views of the Colosseum -- Ancient Rome's most iconic landmark. After heading back down, skip the long entrance lines of the Colosseum and enjoy priority access to explore this famous attraction with your expert guide. As you walk around the fascinating ground and first floors, hear stories from your guide about the amphitheater's intriguingly brutal past filled with bloodthirsty gladiators.
After leaving the Colosseum, head into Ancient Rome to see the Arch of Constantine before walking through the Roman Forum and up Palatine Hill. Your tour ends on Via Sacra, the main street that links the Colosseum to Capitoline Hill. Enjoy roughly two hours at your leisure. Explore the impressive ruins or have lunch at any of the several nearby restaurants (own expense) before meeting your guide for your Best of Rome Walking Tour in the afternoon.
* Rome's Trevi Fountain is currently under restoration until late 2015. A walkway above the central portion of the fountain will allow you to catch a glimpse of the ongoing work. Water will be drained during the process, but you'll still be able to cast your coins into the fountain for luck.
* The Pantheon is closed on Saturday for Mass. Full explanation about the Pantheon will be given from the outside.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departs near Piazza di Spagna
Super Saver Upgrade: Departs close to the Colosseo metro station
3:30pm: Standard Tour in English, Spanish
10am: Super Saver Upgrade
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Standard Tour in English
Best of Rome Walking Tour starting at 3:30pm, with English-speaking guide.
USD $44.24Pricing details
Super Saver Upgrade in English
Morning Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour, starting at 10am (3 hours). Followed by afternoon Best of Rome Tour, starting at 3:30pm (3 hours). Both tours with English-speaking guide.
USD $93.01Pricing details
The Best of Rome Afternoon Walking Tour
- Guided walking tour (3-hours)
- Morning tour of Ancient Rome and Colosseum (if option selected)
- Personalized small tour (maximum 25 people)
- A hot drink (coffee or hot chocolate) in winter
- A gelato in the summer
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: Rome's Trevi Fountain is currently under restoration until late 2015. A walkway above the central portion of the fountain will allow you to catch a glimpse of the ongoing work. Water will be drained during the process, but you'll still be able to cast your coins into the fountain for luck
- The Pantheon is closed on Saturday for Mass. Full explanation about the Pantheon will be given from the outside
- Piazza del Popolo
- Santa Maria del Popolo Church
- Spanish Steps
- Trevi Fountain
- Piazza Colonna
- Palazzo Montecitorio
- Palazzo Madama (Senate of the Italian Republic)
- Piazza Navona - Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi
- Campo de Fiori
Reviewed by: Mario G, May 2015
Unfortunately we could not see the Trevi Fountain in all it's splendor due to restoration. However, our guide was really good as he even took us to additional places that were not included in the tour providing us with much more insights of Rome.
Reviewed by: Heidi S, May 2015
Linda did a great job! The tour was informative and entertaining. The pace was perfect for the whole group. Her knowledge of the area's history was extensive. She also had wonderful recommendations for places to eat and see after the tour as wellz