Walking Tour of Fisherman's Wharf and North Beach with Cable Car Ride and optional Alcatraz Ticket
- Family friendly
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
Next, take a scenic walk towards North Beach. The best way to explore this San Francisco neighborhood is to take a walking tour. Here, see Washington Square and the Saints Peter and Paul Church. You’ll start to see why North Beach is known as the Italian neighborhood as you pass the numerous Italian restaurants and gelato shops.
Leaving North Beach, get the insider’s tour of the back alleys and all the secrets they have to offer. Your tour guide will show you a hidden staircase and path that winds its way up to Coit Tower on Telegraph Hill, where you’ll take in breathtaking 360-degree views of the city. End the tour at Levi’s Plaza, where your guide will provide you with a cable car ticket so that you can continue to explore San Francisco at your leisure.
If you select the Alcatraz option, your tour guide will accompany you to the Alcatraz ferry landing after your walking tour for you to visit 'The Rock' – the former penitentiary famous for having housed such ruthless criminals as Al Capone (Scarface) and Machine Gun Kelly. Take the ferry to Alcatraz Island, one of San Francisco’s most popular attractions, and take the award-winning audio tour to learn about the famous escape from Alcatraz, the prison's notorious inmates and much more!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Until Nov 2, walking tour departs at 10am
- Starting Nov 3, walking tour departs at 9:30am
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Walking Tour and Cable Car
Walking tour of Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach and Telegraph Hill, including cable car ticket for after the tour.
USD $52.00Pricing details
Tour, Cable Car and Alcatraz
Walking tour of Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach and Telegraph Hill, including cable car ticket and ticket to Alcatraz.
USD $88.00Pricing details
- Walking tour
- Local guide
- Cable car ticket
- Tickets to Alcatraz (if option is selected, US$30 per adult value; starting Oct 1, 2015 ticket will increase to US$31)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Moderate amount of walking involved, including steep hills
- For Alcatraz option, if traveling with another party as part of separate bookings, please notate in the 'Special Requirements' field at time of booking to ensure same Alcatraz ferry times
Reviewed by: Mary C, September 2015
Just what we wanted...to learn the background of what we were seeing. Enjoyed the history and sites. Thanks.
Reviewed by: Gill W, September 2015
What a fantastic start to our holiday in San Francisco. We thoroughly enjoyed our walking tour, learnt a lot about the area and got a feel for the place on Day One of our trip. Don, our tour guide was excellent. Having lived all his life in this lovely city he was extremely knowledgeable and gave some great tips of places to eat and visit whilst we were in the area. Brilliant and highly recommended.