London in One Day Sightseeing Tour
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a Blue Badge guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Travel to Buckingham Palace, the official London residence of the Queen, and walk around in front of the gates to see the famous Changing of the Guard ceremony. Have your camera ready to capture the pomp and pageantry of the Queen’s Foot Guard as they march in their eye-catching red tunics and bearskin hats, and then travel by coach to a traditional London pub in Trafalgar Square.
Rest and refuel with a hearty lunch (own expense), and then continue your day of sightseeing with a visit to the City of London, an area just east of the city center where many of London’s banks can be found. Besides financial institutions like the Bank of England, the district is also home to iconic London attractions such as St Paul’s Cathedral and Mansion House. Look out for the sights as your guide explains their history.
Continue to the Tower of London, and head inside to explore at your leisure. The former prison and fortress, which looks out over the River Thames, was built to terrify potential invaders and Londoners alike. Steeped in centuries of murder and treason, the tower is fascinating to explore with its famous jet-black ravens and Beefeater guides. Should you wish, opt to join one of the complimentary Beefeater tours that run every 30 minutes and hear tragic tales of the royals and nobles who met their end within the tower’s walls.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickup is available from selected London hotels
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Changing of the Guard
- Hotel pickup
- Blue Badge guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Entrance fee to the Tower of London
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note: St Paul’s Cathedral is closed to the public on Sundays: there will be a photo stop outside the Cathedral and the tour will visit Tower Bridge Exhibition or Banqueting House instead
- Please note: St Paul's Cathedral is closed on the following dates: February 10 and March 25, 2016- on these dates, there will be a photo stop outside the Cathedral and longer time spent at the Tower of London or the tour will visit Tower Bridge Exhibition. On May 10, 2016- there will be a photo stop outside the Cathedral and longer time spent at the Tower of London and include a Thames River ticket.
- Occasionally there may not be a Changing of the Guard. On these occasions you will visit Horse Guards Parade, built on the site of the jousting yard of the old Whitehall Palace
- Please note: Tower of London is closed January 19, 2016, there will be a photo stop outside and the tour will visit the Tower Bridge Exhibition.
Reviewed by: Linda T, January 2016
Another great tour with Wendy whose knowledge of London felt intimate and not read off a script. We received a great snapshot of the city. St Paul's Cathedral and the Horse Guards was a highlight. Reccomend this tour to anyone wanting a quick view of the city for a more detailed excursion later.
Reviewed by: Cheri R, United States of America, January 2016
The best tour by far! Our guide, Leslie, knew EXACTLY where to stand to see the exciting stuff, the changing of the guards, the little tid bits of info that you would only get from a seasoned guide. She positioned us in the best places for photos that you just wouldn't have a clue where to stand to get the best shot. Most definitely do the whole day tour... VERY WORTH IT! Highly recommend it! If you are able, climb to the top of St.Paul's, the view is Amazing!