Select a datex
Your tour beings at the Grand Canyon airport in Tusayan, Arizona. Fly over the ponderosa pines of Kaibab National Forest on a 45-minute helicopter excursion from the Grand Canyon South Rim. Upstream on the Colorado River are views of the Painted Desert and Desert View Watchtower. View Marble Canyon and Point Imperial as you fly through the Canyon and climb above the North Rim to head south through the Dragon Corridor, the Canyon’s widest and deepest section.
You will depart Tusayan, Arizona located in the South Rim of the Grand Canyon on the safest and most comfortable-tourism based helicopter in the world. On your 45-minute helicopter flight, enjoy the luxurious comfort and wraparound windows which offer breathtaking views of the Canyon.
Enjoy the fantastic views of the Canyon as you fly over the 1.6 million-acre (6,500 km²) Kaibab National Forest, which borders both the north and south rims of the Grand Canyon. The Kaibab National Forest is home to the world’s largest ponderosa pines.
Upon reaching the edge of the canyon, the South Rim gently drops away as the North Rim and east end of the canyon come into view – this is definitely one of the greatest views of the Grand Canyon.
You will continue your journey as you follow the Colorado River upstream viewing at a distance the 146-square mile Painted Desert and the 70-foot (21-meter) Desert View Watchtower, a National Historic Landmark. The Desert View Watchtower features an observation deck from which visitors to the national park can view eastern portions of the Grand Canyon.
Next, view Marble Canyon, the section of the Colorado River which marks the beginning of the Grand Canyon, and Point Imperial, the highest point on the North Rim at 8,803 feet (2,683 meters). Point Imperial overlooks the Painted Desert and the eastern end of Grand Canyon. You will fly through the Canyon above the North Rim heading south through the Dragon Corridor, the widest and deepest section of the Canyon.
At the end of your helicopter flight, you will cross over the Colorado River and fly over the South Rim and the Kaibab National Forest to land.
Please note: The listed price does not include a USD$15 per person fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in. Per FAA regulations, all passengers 18 years and older will be required to show photo ID such as a driver's license or passport at the time of check-in.
Interior of Maverick Helicopter
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tusayan, Arizona at the Grand Canyon Airport
- Flights are available between 8am and 4:30pm depending on the season. Please refer to the pricing calender for more details.
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departure at 8am, 45-minute helicopter flight
Departure at 9am, 45-minute helicopter flight
Departure at 10am, 45-minute helicopter flight
Departure at 10:15am, 45-minute helicopter flight
Departure at 11:15am, 45-minute helicopter flight
Departure at 12:30pm, 45-minute helicopter flight
Departure at 1:45pm, 45-minute helicopter flight
Departure at 2pm, 45-minute helicopter flight
Departure at 2:15pm, 45-minute helicopter flight
Departure at 3:15pm, 45-minute helicopter flight
Departure at 3:30pm, 45-minute helicopter flight
Departure at 4pm, 45-minute helicopter flight
Departure at 4:30pm, 45-minute helicopter flight
Maverick Helicopter in flight
- 45-minute helicopter flight
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Please note: The listed price does not include a USD$15 per person fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in
- Confirmation will be received as soon as possible
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 300lbs. will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour
- Individual passenger weights, including infants, MUST be advised at time of booking
- Pilots are unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Per FAA regulations, all passengers 18 years and older will be required to show photo ID such as a driver's license or passport at the time of check-in.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.