Explore Athens, the cradle of civilization, on a half-day shore excursion from Piraeus Port. With an expert private guide at your side, walk up the UNESCO-listed Acropolis of Athens (entrance own expense), seeing beguiling structures like the Parthenon. On a tour around town by minivan, see top Athens attractions such as Hadrian’s Arch and Syntagma Square – the focal point of the city.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
After your cruise ship docks in Piraeus Port, meet your private guide and head off by minivan to explore Athens. For over 25 centuries, the city has been dominated by its Acropolis – the ancient citadel that looks out over the city. Walk up this incredible UNESCO World Heritage Site with your guide, passing all of its highlights: Propylaia, Temple of Athena Nike, Erechtheion and the magnificent Parthenon. Hear about these monuments during the Classical ages and learn of the Greek god Athena, for whom the Parthenon was built. After walking to the top, you’ll enjoy some free time to look around and admire captivating views over Athens.
Stroll back into town with your guide and then hop aboard your minivan for your city tour. Watch out for the Temple of Olympian Zeus (Olympieion), which dates back to 6th century BC, and see Hadrian’s Arch – a structure that once divided the Greek part of Athens from the Emperor Hadrian’s Roman city.
Continue through Syntagma Square to see the Greek Parliament House -- formerly a royal palace that was built for King Otto I of Bavaria -- and then see the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Pass the Neoclassical buildings of Athens University on the way to the former Olympic Stadium, Panathinaiko Stadium, and hear about the site in ancient times before it was rebuilt for the modern Olympic Games.
After exploring Athens from the comfort of your minivan, you'll end your tour back at Piraeus Port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Athens port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Athens Acropolis Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Piraeus Port, Athens
- Tour start time will be adjusted to your ship's arrival. You must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time (contact info will be provided on your confirmation voucher).
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Athens Shore Excursion: Private City Sightseeing and Acropolis Tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Acropolis of Athens entrance fee (approx. 12 euros)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please also enter your preferred pickup time in the Special Requirements box at the time of booking, and reconfirm 48 hours prior to the tour’s departure time
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.