Combine a visit to Mt Fuji and Kyoto on this overnight rail tour by Bullet train. You'll visit Mt Fuji, ride the Bullet train to Kyoto and take a sightseeing tour of this important city, known as the cradle of Japan's cultural heritage. You'll then have the option of returning to Tokyo by Bullet train or staying on in Kyoto.
- Multi-Day Trip
- Choice of seating available
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Rail Tour
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
Your tour begins with a relaxing coach trip to Mt Fuji, Japan's highest mountain. You'll also cruise Lake Ashi and ride the aerial cableway to the top of Mt Komagatake for superb views over Hakone National Park.
You'll then zoom your way to Kyoto aboard a high-speed Shinkansen Bullet train. On arriving Kyoto you will be transferred to your Kyoto hotel for the evening, with a choice of tourist-class or first-class hotels.
Next day, you can spend the day sightseeing and return to Tokyo by Bullet train in the evening, or stay on in Kyoto after your day of sightseeing. Highlights on the Kyoto day tour include the Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle, noted for its gorgeous interiors, and Kyoto Imperial Palace. After lunch at the Kyoto Handicraft Center, you'll visit Sanjusangendo Temple with its 1,001 impressive images of Buddha, the vermilion-hued Heian Shinto shrine and Kiyomizu Buddhist temple, with its wooden veranda.
Special Offer! - Book before November 29, 2013, and save up to 3% off the recommended retail price! - Book Now!
2-Day Mt Fuji and Kyoto Rail Tour by Bullet Train from Tokyo
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal or selected hotels in Tokyo
- 9.00am from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Concludes at either the Tokyo Train Station at approximately 9:40pm or your hotel in Kyoto at 6:00pm (depending on the tour option chosen)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
One-way tour from Tokyo to Kyoto staying at New Miyako tourist class hotel
One-way tour from Tokyo to Kyoto staying at Righa Royal tourist class hotel
One-way tour from Tokyo to Kyoto staying at Hotel Monterey a first class hotel
One-way tour from Tokyo to Kyoto staying at Kyoto Hotel Okura a first class hotel
Roundtrip tour staying at New Miyako tourist class hotel
Roundtrip tour staying at Righa Royal tourist class hotel
Roundtrip tour staying at Hotel Monterey a first class hotel
Roundtrip tour staying at Kyoto Hotel Okura a first class hotel
2-Day Mt Fuji and Kyoto Rail Tour by Bullet Train from Tokyo
- Overnight rail tour by bullet train
- Sightseeing cruise on Lake Ashi
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Drop off service (in Kyoto or in Tokyo)
- 1 nights accommodation
- 2 lunches
- Professional guide
- Local taxes
- Baggage handling roundtrip tour - 2,200yen per piece (payable direct)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Infant meals not included
- All hotels have private facilities
Day 1: Tokyo - Mt. Fuji - Hakone - Kyoto
Transfer by deluxe motorcoach to the foot of Mt. Fuji via the expressway. Drive halfway up Mt Fuji, Japan's highest mountain, and enjoy the spectacular views from 2,300 meters (7545 feet), followed by lunch at the Hotel Highland Resort.
After lunch, visit Hakone for a cruise on Lake Ashi (Pirate Boat) and ropeway ride at Owakudani Vallay, this is a very popular volcanic landscape. Board a Shinkansen train (bullet train) to the classical city of Kyoto.
Kyoto overnight accommodation - you can choose from the following Tourist or First Class hotels in Kyoto. Please specify at time of booking. Hotel is not guaranteed and is subject to availability.
Tourist Class hotels:
- New Miyako Hotel
- Kyoto Tokyu Hotel
- Rihga Royal Hotel Kyoto
First Class hotels:
- Kyoto Hotel Okura
- ANA Hotel Kyoto
When choosing your hotel you MUST also include the following information in the 'Special Requirements' box.
- Please advise if you require single, twin or double rooms.
- Please advise yuor pre and post accommodation.
Day 2: You can chose to either return to Tokyo or stay in Kyoto and enjoy more sightseeing. Please select your preferred option at time of booking.
Round Trip Course (SH2-R) - Kyoto to Tokyo (Day 2): Morning sightseeing of Kyoto, visiting Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle, and Kyoto Imperial Palace. After lunch at the Kyoto Handicraft Center, enjoy an afternoon sightseeing of the city, visiting Sanjusangendo Hall, Heian Shrine and Kiyomizu Temple. Before returning to Tokyo by Shinkansen in the evening. Arriving at Tokyo Station around 9:40pm.
One Way Trip Course (SH2-O) - Kyoto (Day 2) Morning sightseeing of Kyoto, visiting Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle and Kyoto Imperial Palace. After lunch at Kyoto Handicraft Center enjoy an afternoon sightseeing of the city, visiting Sanjusangendo Hall, Heian Shrine and Kiyomizu Temple. Drop-off service to hotel in Kyoto around 6:00pm.
- When "Fuji Visitor Center" is closed, or if the tour is behind the schedule due to traffic jam, "Fuji Visitor Center" may be skipped.
- When the driveway up to Mt.Fuji's 5th station is closed in winter and somedays in early spring due to heavy snow, or if the tour is behind schedule due to traffic jam, you will go up the highest possible point.
- Although Hakone Ropeway or Pirate Boat may be omitted or substituted depending on traffic, weather conditions, or for other operational reasons, the tour will not be canceled or tour fee will not be refunded. In this case, you will enjoy one in case either of them is omitted or two on case both of them are omitted out of following alternatives: Nakamura Museum in Hakone, Hakone Check Point, Cruise on Lake Kawaguchi, Lake Kawaguchi Ropeway, Hakone-en Aquarium, and Hakone shrine.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions. If Mt.Fuji is not visible due to bad weather, no refund will apply.
For Day 2:
- At the "Nijo Castle", on every Tuesdays in Jan., Jul., Aug. & Dec., "Nijo Castle" is closed and you will visit "Ryoanji Temple" instead.
- At the Kyoto Imperial Palace, on every Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays and some other days, Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed and you will visit "Nishi Honganji" instead.
- To enter the Kyoto Imperial Palace, you are required to fill out the form (your name, sex, age, nationality).
Terms and Conditions:
If you cancel at least 8 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.