Versailles by Bike Day Tour
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- All entrance fees included
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Rail Tour
The next highlight today is a bike ride through the gardens behind Versailles palace. You'll leave foot visitors behind on your tour of the palace by bicycle, as visitors on foot can visit only a small fraction of the palace gardens. Versailles' gardens and forests are crisscrossed by a network of fantastic trails and tree-lined paths, so bring your camera for picture-perfect views in every direction.
Arriving at the far end of the Grand Canal, you'll settle down for a picnic in the exact spot where Louis XIV, XV and XVI ate in order to marvel at their palace. Relax on the grass in peace where only your cycling group will be able to easily reach this end of the Grand Canal.
After lunch, pedal back towards the palace itself for an unforgettable view into the lives of the French monarchy before their removal from power by the Revolution in 1789. You'll visit the Hall of Mirrors (site of the treaty ending World War I), the King's State Apartments and the amazing King's Chapel (audio guide available). After your visit to Versailles you'll return to Paris via RER train.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Versailles Bike Tour
- Audio-guide at Versailles
- Bicycle and helmet
- Entrance fees
- Roundtrip train tickets from Paris to Versailles
- Up to 1.5 hours in the Palace
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Rain gear is available at a fee of 1EUR paid direct which will be refunded if not used
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If a children's bike is required, you must advise at time of booking.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You will cover an area of approximately 10 miles on a relatively flat terrain. The ride is leisurely and therefore suitable for all levels of fitness.
- Child seats are available if requested at the time of booking
- Tandem bikes are available for children aged 10 years and younger.
Reviewed by: Kim P, January 2016
Lovely day at Versailles! Tour guide Nick was interesting, informed, friendly, made us feel like we were hanging out with a friend for the day. Best picnic ever!
Reviewed by: Carolyn P, December 2015
Wow, this tour was tiring, but worth it if you have an extra day in Paris. I would recommend seeing the inside of Versailles on another day because of how long this trip is, we were too tired to enjoy the palace, way too much for one day. The guide was great, it was all interesting, and I'm glad we went.