Select a datex
See magnificent humpback and southern right whales at play on a Sydney whale-watching cruise. From Circular Quay or Darling Harbour, this open-water cruise will take you through the entrance of Sydney Harbour and into the open Pacific in search of whales. The open-air viewing decks on board the catamaran offer unobstructed views and the best opportunities for spotting and watching the whales. Getting up close to these gentle giants of the sea is an awe-inspiring experience that you don’t want to miss. With record numbers of whales due to pass along Sydney's coastline this migration season, there are sure to be plenty of sightings and great photo opportunities!
- Close encounter with wildlife
Experience one of nature’s greatest migrations as the humpback and southern right whales of the Pacific Ocean journey between Antarctica and the Great Barrier Reef. During the months of May to October, Sydney’s coastline becomes a playground for these gentle giants. With an estimated 15,000 whales due to pass along Sydney’s coast, this year’s whale migration season promises to be one of the biggest in decades.
Board your boat at either Circular Quay or Darling Harbour, and cruise through Sydney Harbour and into the open ocean through Sydney Heads. You'll have the opportunity to see the whales at play, often performing spectacular aerial leaps.
The vessel is custom- built to cruise the open waters, and there is plenty of room for everyone to enjoy the sights and look for whales. The outdoor viewing decks offer great views, and the indoor all-weather lounge, provides a comfortable and warm place to relax while out on the open seas.
Sydney Harbour Whale Watching Cruise
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Circular Quay: Jetty 6
Darling Harbour: Pier 26, Aquarium Wharf
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Sydney Whale-Watching Cruise departing from Circular Quay at 10am. Returns to Circular Quay at 1pm
Sydney Whale-Watching Cruise departing from Circular Quay at 2pm. Returns to Circular Quay at 4:30pm. Only available on Saturday and Sunday
- Whale watching cruise
- Coffee, tea and biscuits
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- We recommend you have a light meal before and during the cruise and that you bring along some snacks and cold drinks (alcoholic beverages are not permitted)
- Please dress appropriately and wear warm clothing. It will often feel cooler at sea
- If you are susceptible to travel sickness, please bring the relevant medication
- Whale Guarantee: If a whale is not sighted during your cruise, you'll be given the opportunity to cruise again in 2012 for free
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.