Skip the Line: California Academy of Sciences General Admission Ticket
Start your journey with a lift off from planet Earth and take a jaw-dropping ride to the far reaches of the universe at the Morrison Planetarium, the largest all-digital planetarium in the world. Then explore the colorful world of the ocean at the Steinhart Aquarium, home to 38,000 live animals from around the world. A diver will descend into the tank and introduce you to the world's deepest living coral reef exhibit, featuring more than 900 separate species!
Don't forget to stop by and greet Pierre, Howard, Ocio and the rest of the African Penguin colony. Marine biologists will answer your questions while feeding and caring for them. After meeting the albino alligator and his swamp companions, you may find yourself fascinated with the swamp world. Join in on the Swamp Talk and you'll learn about what it takes to care for these amazing creatures, natives to swamps in the southeastern United States.
Enter the 4-story living rainforest contained within a spectacular 90-foot diameter glass dome. It's the largest spherical rainforest exhibit in the world and is home to 1,600 live animals, including free-flying birds and butterflies, exotic reptiles and bats. Don't leave without a visit to the Kimball Natural History Museum that focuses on the evolution and maintenance of life on Earth, drawing on the Academy's 150 years of research!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Monday to Saturday: 9:30 - 5pm
- Sunday: 11am - 5pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Seahorse at the California Academy of Sciences
- Admission ticket
- Steinhart Aquarium
- Morrison Planetarium
- Kimball Natural History Museum
- 4-story Rainforests of the World Dome
- Naturalist Center
- Hearst Forum Theatre
- Formal tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (not required)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Passes to special exhibits are handed out daily on a first come first serve basis, therefore subject to availability
- Planetarium Shows
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday: 11:30am - 4:30pm
- Tuesday, Friday, Saturday: 10:30am - 4:30am
- Coral Reef Dives
- Dive times: Daily at 11:30am and 2:30pm
- Penguin Feedings
- Feeding times: Daily at 10:30am and 3:30pm
- Penguin Show-n-Tell: Saturday and Sunday at 12:30pm and 1:30pm
- Swamp Talk
- Starts: Daily at 1pm
Reviewed by: donna h, August 2015
Super place to take children--and great for adults too.
Reviewed by: Eric R, July 2015
We very much enjoyed ourselves at the Academy.