Enjoy stunning views and stop at many of San Diego's most famous landmarks on the La Jolla Plunge bike tour. Take in 360° views from Mount Soledad and zoom down a 3.5 mile descent to the ocean.
Your tour will start at the top of Mt. Soledad which is the highest coastal peak the San Diego area and offers a stunning 360° view of the entire San Diego coastline and even as far as Mexico.
After you soak in the sights, you'll hop on your custom fitted Bianchi hybrid bike with your friendly guide. You'll then cruise down the mountain to the spectacular San Diego coastline where we will check out San Diego's premier landmarks.
- Admission into the La Jolla Sea Caves and Cave Store
- Children's Pool and La Jolla Seal Beach to see the harbor seals
- San Diego's famous surfing breaks
- The La Jolla Sea Lion Rookery with up-close looks at these amazing animals
- Views from 100-foot bluffs overlooking La Jolla Cove and Ecological Reserve
- The quaint and historic La Jolla Village neighborhood
- The diverse La Jolla Tide Pools highlighting our marine biological diversity
What to Expect: The pace is not strenuous, but expect to do some pedaling! The bike riding on this tour is all on bike lanes on roads. This is not a mountain bike tour, the first 3.5-miles of your tour is downhill. The rest of the tour (approx. 10-miles) is done on the back streets of La Jolla, Pacific Beach and Mission Beach. The tour is mostly flat, with a few hills (that can be walked up).This tour is recommended for ages 14 and up.
La Jolla Plunge Bike Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Avenida de la Playa, La Jolla
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9:30am
Departs at 12:30pm
La Jolla Plunge Tour
- Bianchi hybrid bike
- Bottled water
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink (unless otherwise specified)
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of your travel date
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking
- Clothing: Comfortable shirt and shorts (pants as needed), jacket, windbreaker or sweatshirt as required, closed-toed shoes (sandals and flip-flops not recommended!), and sunscreen.
- Free parking is available on the side streets. The spots marked 'two-hour' parking are not recommended as there is not enough time
- Please note: there is a minimum of 2 passengers per booking required. Individuals who book for only 1 passenger will be required to pay price for second passenger directly to operator upon check-in.
- Child prices are not available, adult prices apply to all travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.