Bookings are essential if you'd like to attend a Papal Audience with Pope Francis I at the Vatican. Tickets are free of charge but they are limited and you must have a confirmed reservation to attend. Book ahead and you won't waste precious vacation time whilst in Rome.
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
The audience takes place in either St Peter's Square, St Peter's Basilica or the Audience Hall, depending on seasonal conditions and the number of pilgrims visiting on each particular day. Your guide will provide details of when and where to meet the bus at the end of the Papal Audience.
You'll begin this special day with a relaxing coach tour across Rome. Your city tour includes a live commentary and offers a brief introduction to Rome as you travel by bus to the Vatican City. Highlights en route include Piazza della Repubblica, following the ancient Aurelian Walls, the famous Villa Borghese gardens and the northern gate of Rome leading into Piazza del Popolo, where you will glimpse an Egyptian obelisk dating back to the time of Ramses II. Upon arrival at St Peter's Square you will pass the impressive Castel Sant'Angelo, the ancient tomb of Emperor Hadrian.
Visit the home of the Catholic Church
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from a central Rome meeting point. A short walk from Termini Railway Station. Hotel pickup available from selected Rome hotels.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point. It is possible to be dropped off at Via Veneto, Barber Arberini Square, Venezia Square, Repubblica Square. Please ask the guide on the day of travel.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
St Peter's Basilica
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There can be a considerable amount of walking on Rome tours, (often on uneven, cobbled surfaces) due to coach regulations. It is possible for clients to remain on the coach, however this means that many of the sights will be missed.
- Tour is suitable for wheelchair users provided passenger is traveling with a companion who can assist them on and off the bus. Wheelchairs will be stored in the luggage area of the bus.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worships and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will risk refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements.
- Seats are not guarantee at the Vatican during the Papal Audience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.