Versailles by Bike Day Tour
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- All entrance fees included
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Rail Tour
The next highlight today is a bike ride through the gardens behind Versailles palace. You'll leave foot visitors behind on your tour of the palace by bicycle, as visitors on foot can visit only a small fraction of the palace gardens. Versailles' gardens and forests are crisscrossed by a network of fantastic trails and tree-lined paths, so bring your camera for picture-perfect views in every direction.
Arriving at the far end of the Grand Canal, you'll settle down for a picnic in the exact spot where Louis XIV, XV and XVI ate in order to marvel at their palace. Relax on the grass in peace where only your cycling group will be able to easily reach this end of the Grand Canal.
After lunch, pedal back towards the palace itself for an unforgettable view into the lives of the French monarchy before their removal from power by the Revolution in 1789. You'll visit the Hall of Mirrors (site of the treaty ending World War I), the King's State Apartments and the amazing King's Chapel (audio guide available). After your visit to Versailles you'll return to Paris via RER train.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Versailles Bike Tour
- Audio-guide at Versailles
- Bicycle and helmet
- Entrance fees
- Roundtrip train tickets from Paris to Versailles
- Up to 1.5 hours in the Palace
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Rain gear is available at a fee of 1EUR paid direct which will be refunded if not used
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If a children's bike is required, you must advise at time of booking.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You will cover an area of approximately 10 miles on a relatively flat terrain. The ride is leisurely and therefore suitable for all levels of fitness.
- Child seats are available if requested at the time of booking
- Tandem bikes are available for children aged 10 years and younger.
Reviewed by: Nora A, September 2014
Great way to get around and see more of Versailles than most people. Our picnic lunch was exceptional as the market is a food lovers paradise with even a half bottle of wine available . The palace part had head sets provided for a self guided tour which was great as at the end of the day we are all happy to separate and do our own thing. Our group had many different ages cycling and all looked pretty happy .
Reviewed by: Jennifer C, September 2014
Wow! What a way to spend the day! The trip to the outdoor market to buy picnic supplies, the bike tour and our guide were all just lovely! Our guide was Australian and I don't remember her name - sorry! She was wonderful! We met at the bike shop where our guide gave us the details of the day. We had to traverse Paris streets and trains to get to Versailles and she was so attentive to the pace of the group and our safety. When we got to the market she gave us some great insider info and plenty of time to pick up our picnic supplies. While touring Versailles grounds she gave us great history lessons and gave the group options for flow of the day. Once the bike tour was completed we were given our tickets to the palace and our ticket for the train ride home so we could enjoy the palace at our own pace. The guide will escort you through the group entrance so you don't have to wait in the longer lines. She gave us detailed instructions on how to get back and was also gave us the option to ride back with her later in the day, if we wanted to. I would tell anyone that they are not seeing Versailles until they do this tour!