Versailles by Bike Day Tour
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- All entrance fees included
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Rail Tour
The next highlight today is a bike ride through the gardens behind Versailles palace. You'll leave foot visitors behind on your tour of the palace by bicycle, as visitors on foot can visit only a small fraction of the palace gardens. Versailles' gardens and forests are crisscrossed by a network of fantastic trails and tree-lined paths, so bring your camera for picture-perfect views in every direction.
Arriving at the far end of the Grand Canal, you'll settle down for a picnic in the exact spot where Louis XIV, XV and XVI ate in order to marvel at their palace. Relax on the grass in peace where only your cycling group will be able to easily reach this end of the Grand Canal.
After lunch, pedal back towards the palace itself for an unforgettable view into the lives of the French monarchy before their removal from power by the Revolution in 1789. You'll visit the Hall of Mirrors (site of the treaty ending World War I), the King's State Apartments and the amazing King's Chapel (audio guide available). After your visit to Versailles you'll return to Paris via RER train.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Versailles Bike Tour
- Audio-guide at Versailles
- Bicycle and helmet
- Entrance fees
- Roundtrip train tickets from Paris to Versailles
- Up to 1.5 hours in the Palace
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Rain gear is available at a fee of 1EUR paid direct which will be refunded if not used
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If a children's bike is required, you must advise at time of booking.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You will cover an area of approximately 10 miles on a relatively flat terrain. The ride is leisurely and therefore suitable for all levels of fitness.
- Child seats are available if requested at the time of booking
- Tandem bikes are available for children aged 10 years and younger.
Reviewed by: dz, November 2014
This was a fantastic excursion. Our guide, Anya, was outstanding and brought the history to life. The cycling around the grounds of Versailles was great, as was the picnic on the edge of the Grand Canal. In fact we so enjoyed the first part of the day the palace was a slight disappointment, owing to the crowds, even for late October. We thoroughly recommend this trip.
Reviewed by: beckpr, November 2014
Our tour guide Johnny was very friendly and funny. We had very interesting tidbits about the gardens and the areas we explored. The highlight of the trip for me was the market. It was full, busy and full of great looking food. Johnny made some food recommendations. Me and my friends bought the comte cheese that he recommended and it was delicious!
Our group had different level of skills and experience riding the bikes, but our guide was very patient and attentive to all group members. Versailles is very, very big and if you are up for it; I strongly recommend to go on a bike tour. You will not regret it. It is a lot of fun.
I love to learn new things when I travel and was very glad that we had a tour guide like Johnny. If I get to go back I would to the bike tour all over again.