Best Skip the Line: Louvre Museum Walking Tour including Venus de Milo and Mona Lisa
This tour was specifically designed to highlight the most famous works of the Louvre Museum. Entering the Louvre through the original Medieval structure from the 12th century, join your guide on a journey from one breathtaking gallery to the next as you travel through time visiting works from 450 BCE through to the 1800s.
- Fully narrated tour
- Skip the line
Marvel at influential pieces such as Canova's Psyche and Cupid and Delacroix's famous painting depicting the sentiment of the French Revolution, Liberty Leading the People. Michelangelo’s masterpieces await you in the Italian Renaissance wing, and you will discover firsthand what makes Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa the most enigmatic portrait of all time.
The Louvre hosts over 35,000 pieces of artwork spanning over 60,000 square meters of exhibition space. This skip-the-line, small-group tour will lead you comfortably through the galleries so you can explore all of the masterpieces without the hassle of waiting in long lines.
Do you want to see the Louvre at night?
Select the 6:30pm tour (on Wednesdays or Fridays) to take the guided tour in the evening – an opportunity available for a strictly limited season. There is a certain magic about visiting the Louvre in the evening. The corridors are quiet, the artwork is mysterious in low light and the atmosphere is more relaxed. The museum’s exterior is also breathtaking. Lit from below, the old palace appears contemporary, the dazzling Louvre pyramid reflecting in the pond and lending it an air of glamour. Apart from the late starting time, this evening tour is exactly the same as the other half-day tours. By the time the visit is over, it will be dark out and you can see the Louvre and Pyramid lit up.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Skip the Line: Louvre Museum Walking Tour including Venus de Milo and Mona Lisa. Depart at 9:45am (arrive strictly at 9:30am)
Skip the Line: Louvre Museum Walking Tour including Venus de Milo and Mona Lisa. Depart at 2:30pm (arrive strictly at 2:15pm)
Skip the Line: Louvre Museum Walking Tour including Venus de Milo and Mona Lisa. Depart at 6:30pm (arrive strictly at 6:15pm)
11:30 am Tour
Skip the Line: Louvre Museum Walking Tour including Venus de Milo and Mona Lisa. Depart at 11:30pm (arrive strictly at 11:15am)
Skip the Line: Louvre Museum Walking Tour including Venus de Milo and Mona Lisa. Depart at 3:00pm (arrive strictly at 2:45pm)
- Local guide
- Audio Headsets
- Entrance fees to the Louvre Museums
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour.
- Sully Wing
- Roman Sculpture Hall
- Venus de Milo
- Frieze of the Parthenon
- Etruscan Artifacts
- Winged Victory of Samothrace
- The Apollo Gallery (crowns of Louis XV and Napoleon)
- Italian Renaissance Wing (DaVinci’s Madonna on the Rocks, the Mona Lisa)
- French Wing (David’s Coronation of Napoleon, Delacroix’s Victory Leading the People)
- Michelangelo’s Slaves and Canova’s Psyche and Cupid
Reviewed by: Joseph D, September 2015
This was a fantastic tour with a great guide. She knew the history of the Louve as well as she knew the works of art housed inside. I would highly recommend this tour as the museum is so massive that you cannot possibly see every work of art in one trip. The guide does a great job of taking the group to the most significant pieces and explaining their history and relevance at the Louve.
Reviewed by: Victoria D, September 2015
Really enjoyed our tour guide, Abe. I like the fact that we had a small group.