Alaskan Gold Discovery: Gold Mining and Panning at Gold Creek from Juneau
- All necessary equipment included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Learn how to pan for gold and hear why thousands of people hurried to the region to strike it rich during the Gold Rush of the late 1800s. Get the hang of it with help from your guide, and then try it yourself! You can either pan for gold in the creek or go in the waist-high water in the demonstration trough. During your search, you'll be surrounded by the building remnants of the Alaska-Juneau Mining Company, which closed in 1944 due to the WWII labor shortage.
End your day of gold mining with an appreciation of one of Alaska’s most important events, as well as all the gold you find and an Orelove Brothers Gold Claim Certificate!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- All necessary equipment
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- After booking, please contact the local tour operator to confirm your departure time and departure location
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Reviewed by: Mike S, September 2014
Loved panning for gold and Eric had fun stories and advice. Would recommend this to others. Thanks for the fun adventure! Finding gold in the bottom of my pan was exactly as discribed...says my husband!
Reviewed by: Robert C, July 2015
We had a very good time gold panning. Wish we could have found more gold. Our guide was very good and we enjoyed him.