Half-Day Sailing on the Derwent River from Hobart
Enjoy the best of Tasmania’s gourmet produce with a delicious morning or afternoon tea, while the skipper regales you with stories of the high sea.
Any time is a great time to go sailing. A morning sail is available from October to March, departing at 9am. From April to September an afternoon sail is available, departing from 2pm.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
3-hour twilight sailing departing from the Hobart Docks Departs at 9am April to September only
3-hour afternoon sailing departs at 2pm from October to March only
Sailing on the Derwent River
- 3-hour sail on Hobart Harbour by luxury ocean racing yacht
- Gourmet treats for morning or afternoon tea
- Professional skipper and crew
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear soft rubber soled shoes. Sneakers are ideal
- A maximum of 18 people per sailing trip
Reviewed by: Frederick D, December 2014
How lucky were we as we had the 3 crew members all to ourselves. Being under sail was just so magical. Scones and coffee to start with then smoked salmon and crackers. To finish we were served various cheeses and fruit. 3 hours went by so quickly. So, everyone book today and have a lifetime experience.
Reviewed by: Lorax70, July 2014
It wasn't the best weather on the Derwent River, but the whole thing was highly enjoyable and the Derwent River is still beautiful even when its gray and raining.
Our hosts were very gracious and went so far as to offer to go out at another time when it was sunnier, unfortunately this was the only time we had available.
Our hosts and skipper were all very knowlegable about the art of sailing and encouraged us to get involved which was alot of fun.