Juneau Shore Excursion: Gold Panning and Salmon Bake Combo Tour
Combine the traditional Alaskan salmon bake with the gold panning experience for an unbeatable price! Save at least 15% compared to booking these two shore excursions separately - BOOK NOW!
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Led by a local guide
- Buffet dinner included
- Ideal choice for families
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- All necessary equipment included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
After pickup from the cruise port, your guide will take you on a brief city tour of Juneau, Alaska’s capital. From there, head up to Gold Creek and Last Chance Basin, where you’ll learn all there is to know about gold panning, the simplest form of gold mining. Get the hang of it with help from your guide, and then try it on your own! Everything you find is yours to keep. You’ll receive an Orelove Brothers Gold Claim Certificate, signifying the gold you’ve discovered.
After you’ve built up an appetite, travel by bus to the traditional Alaskan salmon bake! Your lunch or dinner (depending on your choice of tour time) includes grilled salmon, Cheechako chicken, Chilkoot baked beans, Tongass wild-rice pilaf, White Pass pasta and more! Eat as much as you like, and then roast marshmallows by the fire or take a walk to the historic Wagner Mine. You can take the shuttle back to the port whenever you wish. Buses run based off of cruise schedules for the day.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Juneau port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Gold Panning in Gold Creek
- All necessary equipment
- Local guide for gold panning
- Buffet lunch or dinner depending on option selected
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers MUST provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Children ages 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate in the absence of a parent or guardian.
Reviewed by: Mark R, July 2013
Kids had a great time panning for gold and the food at the Salmon bake was fantastic. Our guide, Tom, was a wonderful and entertaining individual who took great care of us. It was a great day and well worth the money!
Reviewed by: Elizabeth P, October 2012
Panning for gold was a great experience. The Salmon Bake was awesome. We even saw the salmon swimming up stream to spawn (mid Aug) food was good, nice picnic grove atmosphere.