Horse Racing at the Hong Kong Jockey Club Happy Valley
- Instant Confirmation
- Several menus to choose from
- All entrance fees included
Available from September to June, experience daytime or nighttime
racing at the famous Happy Valley Racecourse on Hong Kong. You'll
receive a drink on arrival, dine at the international buffet and receive
a welcome pack including a HK$30 betting voucher.
The tour is restricted to tourists aged over 18 years who have been in Hong Kong for less than 21 days and hold a valid overseas passport. Dress code is smart casual, so no tracksuits, vests, shorts, overalls or sports shoes.
Please note that on certain days, the horse racing event will take place on Sha Tin Racecourse. Evening horse-racing events are usually scheduled on Wednesdays while daytime horse-racing events are usually scheduled for Saturdays and Sundays. For more details on specific days, please click on the orange View Additional Info button below.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Kowloon - The lobby of The Salisbury - YMCA, 41 Salisbury Road, Kowloon
- Hong Kong Island - The lobby of The Excelsior Hotel, 281 Gloucester Road, Hong Kong
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Round-trip transport from selected pick up points
- Entry to the visitor's box inside the Member's Enclosure
- Welcome drink on arrival
- Lunch or dinner at the Hong Kong Jockey Club
- Welcome pack with a HK$30 betting voucher
- Tour to the parade ring and winning post
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Dress Code: smart casual attire is recommended. Specifically, tracksuits, vests, shorts, overalls, sport shoes, sandals and flip-flops should not be worn
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Reviewed by: Dean M, April 2014
We walked to the designated hotel for a pickup to find the lobby full of eager racegoers all looking forward to a unique night and perhaps a small profit to brag about when they return home from their holiday.
Our guide gathered us and ushered us onto a bus bound for the Happy Valley racecourse. At the track we were guided through a door and into a lift which took us to the sixth floor of the members stand. Not quite dark but the illuminated course below and the brightly lit city buildings surrounding it took our breath away. A central screen dominated the centre of the course providing excellent viewing of the track and horses positions when racing.
Behind glass our table was positioned at the front of the dining room offering an excellent visual of all proceedings. Screens were also overhead showing many views of the track and made it possible to sit comfortably at the table to view races, but of course the excitement was outside on the decking when the horses were released from the starting stalls.
Cleverly planned, we were seated with six other Aussies, travellers and our country our common ground. All agreed the buffet meal provided was excellent and many visited the table several times. Wine and beer was included in the overall price and considering the number of patrons in this one of many dining rooms was chosen well and suited every palate. This trip also included a visit downstairs to the mounting yards and betting rings. We think this guided tour of the excellent Happy Valley racecourse is the best way to see this spectacle and allows entrance into the members stand and its facilities. The $30HK betting voucher is an added bonus and our successful bet from it provided ongoing betting for the rest of the night.
Hong Kong have used this prime piece of real estate very well, giving a nighttime sporting event twice a week and using the central area for tennis and soccer under lights. A good trip, highly recommended.
Reviewed by: swish, April 2014
The entire experience was even better than I hoped. The staff and tour guide were brilliant. I can't wait to do it again.