Skip the Line Private Tour: Vatican Museums Walking Tour
Due to a new Vatican partnership, this tour provides VIP access through a reserved door, allowing you to skip all the lines – even the priority lines.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
A highlight of the private tour of the Vatican Museums is experiencing Michelangelo's famous Creation of Adam fresco as you explore the Sistine Chapel and wander through Raphael's Rooms. After taking in the Vatican Museums, you will encounter another of Michelangelo's masterpieces, La Pieta, in St Peter's Basilica. For a fascinating finish to your private walking tour, stop to admire magnificent St Peter's Square, as your guide points out Bernini's ingenious use of optical illusion.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 10am
Departs at 2:30pm
Skip the Line: Private Vatican Museums Walking Tour
- Private walking tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 24 hours, subject to availability.
- By pre-booking this ticket it enables you to skip the long lines (which can take up to two hours!) to enter the Vatican Museums. Please note, all visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security.
- Tours departing Wednesday. There is the possibility that you will be unable to include St. Peter's Basilica and St. Peter's Square. This is due to the weekly Papal Audience during which access to St. Peter's Basilica could be closed. As an alternative you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you would prefer a ticket with St. Peter's Basilica and Square guaranteed to be included, please DO NOT select Wednesday as your travel date.
- On rare occasions St. Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, we spend a full 3-hours touring the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. The tour guides aim to notify guests if St. Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed upon commencement of the tour. It is beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued.
- Wheelchairs can be taken on this tour. If assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Backpacks, tripods and big umbrellas must be left inside a cloakroom on entering Vatican Museum. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that backpacks are not taken on this tour
Reviewed by: hberninger, December 2014
A superb tour. We arrived a bit early and waited about 10 minutes to enter the Vatican Museums. From there we went through the tapestries, paintings,furniture and a host of marvelous sights. The highlight was the Sistine Chapel which we hadn't seen since its cleaning many years ago. It is still fantastic. We then toured St. Peter's Basilica which is monumental. Our guide was not only knowledgable, but had a great sense of humor.
We can recommend this tour without a doubt. It was wonderful.
Reviewed by: eileenfederico, December 2014
Our tour guide was excellent. Her name was Bernadetta and she was very knowledgeable and spoke English fluently. It was the best money I spent on vacation, the Vatican is enormous and overwhelming but she had map's and took her time. I have arthritis so I walk slowly and she was very accommodating. If you want an in depth tour request her.