Rome Segway Tour
This small-group tour is limited to eight people, ensuring you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
Glide toward the area known as Capitoline Hill, and as you approach it you’ll be met with the jaw-dropping sights of Ancient Rome. Once the home of richly elaborate temples, shops, markets and government buildings, the area is now a fascinating archeological site peppered with 2,000-year-old world-famous ruins.
Head right up to it and weave around the outskirts of the Roman Forum, seeing grandiose monuments like the Arch of Constantine and Trajan’s Column. Hear the history of the site in its heyday from your audio commentary, learning about its status as the administrative center of Rome.
Pass Palentine Hill and stop for a look at Circus Maximus, the vast stretch of flat land where chariot races were once held to entertain up to 250,000 locals. Continue to the Colosseum, Rome’s iconic monument on the east side of Ancient Rome, and stop for photos while listening to commentary about the gory, yet glorified, gladiator battles that once took place inside.
After weaving through the crowds outside the ruins, take back to the streets and head to the Church of Santa Maria to see the Mouth of Truth – an intriguing marble slab. Featured in the hit 1950’s movie Roman Holiday, the ancient manhole cover is said to be a lie detector.
As you wind your way back toward the center of Rome, stop at a scenic vantage point to enjoy picture-perfect views over the city. Your tour then finishes back at the start point.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9:30am
Departs at 2:30pm
Departs at 4:30pm (June - August only)
Rome Segway Tour
- Orientation session
- Segway tour
- Audio guide with headphones
- Wet weather jackets (if required)
- Use of helmet
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entrance to monuments
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Segways are appropriate for most people aged between 12 years and 70 years.
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance.
- Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 90 pounds (40 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos).
- Under 16 will have to be a minimum of 140 cm (4,6 ft) of height and over 40 kilos (90 pounds) of weight.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes. Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway.
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Please bring proof of identification with your confirmation voucher
Reviewed by: Elan S, May 2015
The Segway tour was loads of fun. Juliana, our tour guide, was super nice. She gave us a good overview of Rome and we got a good feel of the lay of the land. We were able to then choose what we wanted to go back and see more in depth. The Segways were lots of fun and not hard to learn at all.
Reviewed by: Michael H, May 2015
Well worth the time and had a lot of fun. The Segway made the trip so easy and the guide was great and I was compelled to tip him well. The only drawback was not being able to go into the Coliseum, just seeing it from the outside. Segway training was great and even people we thought would not be able to handle it, did pretty well. Highly recommend this for anyone going to see the Coliseum and Forum, plus other surprise sites.