Blue Mountain Small-Group Day Hikes from Sydney
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
These two hiking tours are perfect for the nature-lover who wants to get off the beaten track and discover the beauty of the Blue Mountains. Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 15 people and are led by an experienced and qualified local guide. You won’t feel rushed or lagging behind, but able to walk at a comfortable pace, with different options to suit all fitness levels. Best of all, you won’t simply view the great outdoors from the window of a bus, but the way it’s meant to be experienced – on foot! All tours include a gourmet picnic lunch.
These small-group hikes showcase the best of the bush-walking and hiking tracks in the Blue Mountains and are provided by an award-winning company that is committed to environmental sustainability and practices.
Please see the Itinerary section below for hiking tour options.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Ruined Castle Tour returns at approximately 4:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Valley of the Waterfalls
Grade: Medium hike with some steep steps to walk down/up, requiring average fitness levels.This is a 4-6-mile (7-10-kilometer) walk, includes hotel pickup/drop off, experienced local guide & lunch
USD $164.98Pricing details
Ruined Castle & Scenic Railway
Grade: Hard hike with some hilly sections requiring good level of fitness.This is an 8-mile (13-kilometer) walk, includes hotel pickup/drop off, experienced local guide & lunch
USD $219.24Pricing details
- Morning tea
- Local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years and children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- Closed-toe supportive footwear such as trainers or hiking boots is essential
- Minimum numbers apply; there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements; in the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Reviewed by: Erin R, August 2015
Wow! What a wonderful way to see the Blue Mountains! I will say it was challenging - hiking for hours and finishing up by climbing 1000 stairs to the top of the valley again. However, it was so worth it! We spotted wild birds and a lizard, and the rain forest was so beautiful! We saw other people only at the start near the railway and we saw 1 small group at the Ruined Castle rock formation. Otherwise - we did not run across another person the entire time while hiking! It was the perfect day!
Reviewed by: nitingaur, August 2015
This was Amazing tour ... small group and our Guide was very actgive ad knowledgeable... Gynes was his name. I loved it... and would recommend this to anyone who loves nature hike. and ask for Gynes.