Skip the Line: Vatican in One Day
Book and travel before August 31, 2014, and save 10%.
Due to a new Vatican partnership, this tour provides VIP access through a reserved door, allowing you to skip all the lines – even the priority lines. Numbers are also limited to a maximum of 25 people, ensuring you'll receive personalized attention from your guide.
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
- Skip the line
Skip-the-line Vatican tours are so popular, even the priority lines are long! But this tour includes exclusive access through a reserved entranceway, ensuring that you will not wait in any long lines. Your tour starts early, leaving ample time to appreciate the Vatican's spectacular Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms plus St. Peter's Basilica. Begin your journey by exploring one of the world’s most fascinating cultural gems, the Vatican Museum! Stroll the hallways which house over 9 miles of artworks! Experience Michelangelo’s famous "Creation of Adam" with your own eyes in the Sistine Chapel or wonder at the works of the young genius Raphael in Raphael’s Rooms. You'll visit many wings of the museum including the Ancient Greek and Roman sculpture wing, the Hall of Maps and the Hall of Tapestries. For the morning's grand finale, Skip the line via the Vatican Museums to enter St. Peter's Basilica, the largest Church in Christianity, guardian of St. Peter's tomb, Michelangelo’s Pieta sculpture, and Bernini’s immense baldachin canopy. The morning tour concludes here, enjoy some free time to explore further or find a place to rest before rejoining the group for the afternoon tour.
Afternoon Tour: Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, Basilica of St. Paul and Basilica of Saint John Lateran
After a leisurely break you will go on to Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, which boasts exuberant sculptural decorations, stunning 5th-century mosaics and Bernini’s tomb. Next, you will have the chance to climb the Holy Stairs, the 28 white marble steps which once led to the Palace of Pontius Pilate and were walked upon by Christ during his passion. You will then visit the imposing Lateran Palace and Basilica of Saint John Lateran and the Cathedral of Rome. Finally you will see the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you'll see the tomb of Saint Paul, 5th-century mosaics, brilliantly colored frescoes and the Tabernacle by Arnolfo di Cambio.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
St Peter's Basilica
- Skip the Line: Vatican Museums Walking Tour (2 hours 15 minutes)
- Major Basilicas & Holy Stairs (3 hours)
- Skip the Line entrance into St. Peter’s Basilica (45 minutes)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 25 people)
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Professional art historian guide
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- On rare occasions St. Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, we spend a full 3-hours touring the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. The tour guides aim to notify guests if St. Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed upon commencement of the tour. It is beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Backpacks, tripods and big umbrellas must be left inside a cloakroom on entering Vatican Museum. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that backpacks are not taken on this tour.
Reviewed by: Nastasia B, July 2014
This tour was excellent! Our tour guides Daniella and Pete were great, very knowledgeable, funny and made all the information very clear. The first half is spent in the Vatican itself, Sistine chapel, St. Peter's, Vatican museums. It's worth having a skip the line tour as the lines at the Vatican were absolutely huge. They really mean wear comfy shoes! Make sure they are supportive as I had trainers, but not supportive enough and I have never experienced such aching feet! I almost gave up for the afternoon tour as my feet hurt so much, so please make sure you wear good trainers, you will regret wearing sandals or flip flops!
The afternoon tour with Pete was wonderful, seeing all the basilicas. He was very funny and interesting to listen to and also put out some interesting debates which was nice as I'm not religious and went for the cultural aspect and thought Catholicism was going to be drilled in to me, but it wasn't. You see the basilicas of St Paul, St John and St Mary Major.
Reviewed by: jalvet64, July 2014
The tour covered all the bases. The guide was terrific and very helpful and friendly- she spoke English too!! She was very knowledgeable about each attraction and offered very valuable tips.
We really did skip the long line waiting to go into the Vatican. It was well worth the money and I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Rome.