La Jolla Coastal Bike Tour
Your bike tour begins at La Jolla Shores where you’ll follow a path which overlooks the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy beautiful panoramic views of the coastline and sandstone cliffs of San Diego as you cycle at a leisurely pace. You’ll continue biking through the back streets of La Jolla, Bird Rock, Wind'n'Sea and Pacific Beach before returning to La Jolla Shores.
Back in La Jolla there will be a brief stop at La Jolla Cove and Children's Pool. This small cove was once a swimming area for children, but is now home to wild seals and sea lions. A great opportunity to see wild marine mammals up-close!
This 2-hour bike tour is the perfect way to spend the day sightseeing along the San Diego coastline and through its surrounding communities.
- Admission into the La Jolla Sea Caves and Cave Store
- Children's Pool and La Jolla Seal Beach
- San Diego's famous surfing breaks
- The La Jolla Sea Lion Rookery with up-close looks at these amazing animals
- Views from 100-foot bluffs overlooking La Jolla Cove and Ecological Reserve
- The quaint and historic La Jolla Village neighborhood
- The diverse La Jolla Tide Pools highlighting marine biological diversity
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 10:30am
Departs at 2:30pm
La Jolla Coastal Bike Tour
- Multi-speed hybrid bicycle
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Clothing: Comfortable shirt and shorts (pants as needed), Jacket, windbreaker or sweatshirt as required, Closed-toed shoes (sandals and flip-flops not recommended!), and Sunscreen.
- Free parking is available on the side streets. The spots marked 'two-hour' parking are NOT RECOMMENDED (not enough time)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. Individuals who book for only 1 passenger will be required to pay price for second passenger directly to operator upon check-in.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Reviewed by: Dob M, April 2013
We enjoyed this tour very much.
Reviewed by: Graham B, May 2012
I hadn't ridden a bike for over 30 years, but was persuaded to try this tour.
Well they say you never forget and luckily I hadn't!
There were 4 in our group, which was a nice number.
Our guide took us around the coast of beautiful La Jolla. We stopped from time to time, so that he could tell us about the area and local plant and wildlife etc.
We finished by riding back through the town.
Finally he dropped us off at our hotel for $25, which we thought was quite reasonable.
We enjoyed this trip very much. The guide was knowledgable and a good guy. Also the people working at their store were very friendly too.
Would definitely recommend.