Escape the traffic and enjoy the great outdoors on a guided bike tour along the La Jolla coast, just a few miles north of San Diego. Ride along one of the most beautiful coastlines in southern California and experience firsthand why San Diego is known for its pristine beaches and amazing weather. This coastal bike tour is a beautiful guided ride along San Diego's most picturesque shorelines and some of the most famous landmarks in the area.
Your bike tour begins at La Jolla Shores where you’ll follow a path which overlooks the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy beautiful panoramic views of the coastline and sandstone cliffs of San Diego as you cycle at a leisurely pace. You’ll continue biking through the back streets of La Jolla, Bird Rock, Wind'n'Sea and Pacific Beach before returning to La Jolla Shores.
Back in La Jolla there will be a brief stop at La Jolla Cove and Children's Pool. This small cove was once a swimming area for children, but is now home to wild seals and sea lions. A great opportunity to see wild marine mammals up-close!
This 2-hour bike tour is the perfect way to spend the day sightseeing along the San Diego coastline and through its surrounding communities.
- Admission into the La Jolla Sea Caves and Cave Store
- Children's Pool and La Jolla Seal Beach
- San Diego's famous surfing breaks
- The La Jolla Sea Lion Rookery with up-close looks at these amazing animals
- Views from 100-foot bluffs overlooking La Jolla Cove and Ecological Reserve
- The quaint and historic La Jolla Village neighborhood
- The diverse La Jolla Tide Pools highlighting marine biological diversity
La Jolla Coastal Bike Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Avenida de la Playa, La Jolla
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 10:30am
Departs at 2:30pm
La Jolla Coastal Bike Tour
- Multi-speed hybrid bicycle
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Clothing: Comfortable shirt and shorts (pants as needed), Jacket, windbreaker or sweatshirt as required, Closed-toed shoes (sandals and flip-flops not recommended!), and Sunscreen.
- Free parking is available on the side streets. The spots marked 'two-hour' parking are NOT RECOMMENDED (not enough time)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. Individuals who book for only 1 passenger will be required to pay price for second passenger directly to operator upon check-in.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.