California Academy of Sciences NightLife
Join a one-hour behind-the-scenes tour, with a private viewing of some of the Academy's renowned gem and mineral collection. Learn all about the various exhibits and animals, interact with some of the Academy's scientists and discover fun facts about our planet's diversity and biology.
Then you're on your own to explore the Academy at your leisure! Head over to Penguin Hall, hang out with Claude the albino alligator and gain VIP access to the four-story rainforest! During this time, there will be food and additional cocktails available for purchase. Your ticket also includes a reserved pass for the 8:30pm Planetarium Show.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
General Admission Ticket
Skip the line entry and NightLife general admission ticket
VIP Evening Tour + Cocktails
Skip the line entry and NightLife general admission ticket, including open bar prior to your tour
California Academy of Sciences
- Admission ticket
- Nightlife music and entertainment - program changes weekly
- All exhibits and shows (subject to availability)
- Open bar prior to your tour (if VIP option selected)
- Reserved seating at 8:30pm planetarium show (if VIP option selected)
- VIP access into rainforest (if VIP option selected)
- 1-hour behind the scenes tour (if VIP option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (available for purchase, cash bars)
- VIP option: Alcoholic drinks after your tour (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 21 years, valid picture ID required at check-in, no exceptions
- Passes to special exhibits are handed out daily on a first come first serve basis
- Wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs are available at the Coat Check on a first come, first served basis
Reviewed by: Tabra C, March 2015
We loved our time here! Only regret was not getting the VIP passes but still got to see just about all of what we went to see.
Reviewed by: Allison P, October 2014
We had so much fun. On a arrival we found DJ playing a rather but fun mix of eclectic music. We loved the Penguins, the free planetarium show and the aquarium. We also had dinner there in the café which tasty and great value. Throughout the evening there seemed to be lots of fun activities going on as we heard announcements about both salsa and belly dancing classes about to begin, we didn't join in as we didn't have time. We left about 9pm as it got very busy at this time.
Top tip: All persons must carry photo id on this trip to prove they are over 21 as they will be asked for it prior to entry.