Select a datex
Join a full-day Yarra Valley wine tour and visit four of the region's best known wineries: Yering Station, Balgownie Estate, Yering Farm and Domaine Chandon. Over lunch and a series of wine tastings, see why the Yarra Valley is one of Australia's most picturesque wine regions on your Yarra Valley wine tour, the perfect day trip from Melbourne.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
- Free drinks included
- Lunch included
You'll stop for cellar door wine tastings at Yering Station and Balgownie Estate on the Yarra Valley wine tour from Melbourne. Your helpful guide will share tips on how to taste and enjoy the wines you'll be sampling. Stay on at Balgownie Estate for lunch and choose your accompanying glass of wine at the cellar door.
Lunch is followed by wine tastings at the rustic Yering Farm cellar door. The afternoon highlight is a private tour of the award-winning Domaine Chandon winery, known for its fine sparkling wines and stunning scenery. You'll enjoy a glass of wine at Domaine Chandon with a light tasting nibbles.
Finish your day at Chandon, Yarra Valley
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Recommended departure point:
- St Paul's Cathedral, corner of Flinders and Swanston Streets, Melbourne
Or one of the following locations.
- The George Hotel, St Kilda
- 7-11 Convenience Store - corner Spencer Street and Flinders Street, City
- Her Majesties Theatre, City
- Hertz Car Rentals, City
- Roundabout at North Melbourne
- 9:30am (recommended departure point) St Paul's Cathedral, corner of Flinders and Swanston Street, Melbourne
- 9:00am The George Hotel, St Kilda
- 9:20am 7-11 Convenience Store, corner Spencer Street and Flinders Street, City
- 9.35am: Her Majesties Theatre, City
- 9:40am: Hertz Car Rentals, 97 Franklin St, City
- 9:50am: Roundabout at North Melbourne
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9:30am from St Paul's Cathedral, corner of Flinders and Swanston Streets, City
Departs at 9am from The George Hotel, St Kilda
Departs at 9:20am from 7-11 Convenience Store, corner of Spencer Street and Flinders Street, City
Departs at 9:35am from Her Majesties Theatre, City
Departs at 9:40am from Hertz Car Rentals, City
Departs at 9:50am from North Melbourne
Yarra Valley Vineyards
- Small group tour
- Pickup and drop off from designated meeting points
- Transport by air-conditioned luxury minivan
- Wine tasting at 4 premium Yarra Valley Wineries
- Light tasting platter
- Gourmet lunch at Balgownie Estate
- Glass of wine with lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Cruise port pickup
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult, one child to every 2 adults
- Minimum age is 18 years for the consumption of alcohol
- Minimum age for this tour is 7 years
- A consent form must be signed by the parents or guardian of children aged between 7 and 10 years prior to boarding to confirm the child's age
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour operates with a maximum of 24 passengers, however a maximum of 7 passengers for any one booking is allowed. We cannot guarantee that groups larger than this size will be accommodated on the same vehicle
Itinerary:9.00am - 10.00am - Meet at pick up points
See 'Departure Point' for places and times.
10.00am - Depart pick up point for Yarra Valley
Just under an hour's trip in a luxury buses.
11.00am - Yering Station
Yering Station is one of Australia's pre-eminent wine brands. You will start the day by showing you how to swirl, sniff and slurp and then you'll be ready to taste some of Yering Station's award winning benchmark classic Australian wines.
12.00pm - Balgownie Estate
Balgownie Estate is one of Australia's great small vineyards famed for its long lived Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz. The first 30 minutes will be spent at the tasting table, a great opportunity to make a wine selection for lunch! Then it's into the Restaurant for a superb lunch while taking in magnificent vineyard views.
Lunch includes main meal, a glass of Balgownie Estate wine and tea or coffee. (Vegetarian options is available)
1.40pm - Yering Farm
The old hay shed situated at the top of the hill, overlooks stunning views, has been converted into a charming rustic Cellar Door, oozing with character. The Cellar Door proudly showcases antique cooper tools used by pioneer winemakers over a century ago. A fantastic environment to enjoy superb wines made with traditional wine making techniques.
2.15pm - Domaine Chandon
French Champagne company Moet and Chandon's Australian production house Domaine Chandon is the perfect way to finish the day with a guided tour through the winery that shows how the wine is made followed by a relaxing glass of Australia's best bubbly with a light tasting platter and a view that will leave you in awe. Spectacular to say the least.
Leave Yarra Valley for Melbourne
4:30pm - 5:00pm
Return to drop off points
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.