Board a comprehensive full day tour from Zurich and visit Mt. Rigi, Queen of the Swiss Mountains at 6000 feet (1800 meters). Your partly guided coach tour also includes a cable car ride, a decent down the first ever cogwheel train in Europe and a trip to the sun terrace above Lake Lucerne with its unique views over the snow-capped Alps!
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Led by a local guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Rail Tour
Next you're off to Weggis, from where a cable car and cogwheel train take you to the top of Mt. Rigi. Here you will have two and a half hours to soak up the breath-taking views, partake in an exciting downhill sledge ride or enjoy a walk in the snow. Admire the spectacular views over the Swiss Alps and thirteen lakes from the summit of Mt. Rigi.
Descent by cog-wheel train, followed by a romantic boat ride to Lucerne. Enjoy up to two hours at leisure to explore the charming Old Town. Return to Zurich, where the tour will conclude.Please note:
This tour includes a multi-lingual guide throughout the tour except for travel up and down Mount Rigi and during the boat ride. For this part of the tour, you will receive timetables and detailed information sheets about the journey. You can choose to stay on the mountain for one or two and a half hours.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Sihlquai Bus Terminal
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 7pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Mount Rigi Winter Day Trip from Zurich
- Boat ride on Lake Lucerne (1 hour)
- Live-guided tour from Zurich to Lucerne and from Weggis to Zurich
- Cable-car ride
- Cogwheel train rides - the first ever cogwheel train in Europe!
- Local taxes
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Sledge ride rental (CHF10 to be paid directly)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Between 5-9 November, 12-16 November and 12-31 March the round-trip up and down Mt Rigi will be by cogwheel train only due to cable-car revision
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.