Enjoy seeing the main sights of both Kyoto and Nara in one day. This day tour takes you to Nijo Castle, Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion), Kyoto Imperial Palace and the Kyoto Handicraft Center in Kyoto, then the Todaiji Temple, Deer Park and Kasuga Shrine in Nara.Kyoto was Japan's capital and the emperor's residence from 794 until 1868. It is now the country's seventh largest city with a population of 1.4 million people and a modern face. Enjoy this morning tour to see some of the main highlights of this wonderful city, steeped in culture.
Japan's first permanent capital was established in the year 710 at Heijo, the city now known as Nara. Nara is located in the Kinai plain, less than one hour from Kyoto. Due to its past as the first permanent capital, it remains full of historic treasures, including some of Japan's oldest Buddhist temples.
- Instant Confirmation
- Buffet lunch included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Note important itinerary changes for departures on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays - Instead of Nijo Castle, the tour will visit Ryoanji Temple. Instead of the Kyoto Imperial Palace, the tour will visit Nishi Honganji.
Nijo Castle The Kyoto Residence of the Tokugawa Shogun built in 1603, Nijo Castle is noted for the contrast of its solemn appearance and gorgeous interiors. On Tuesday's in January, July, August and December when Nijo Castle is closed, the tour will visit Ryoanji Temple instead.
Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion) Kyoto's most popular temple is the home of perhaps the world's most authentic and exquisite Japanese Garden, as well as the celebrated Golden Pavilion.
Kyoto Imperial Palace The ancient Imperial Palace clearly shows the Japanese taste for purity, simplicity and calmness. On Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays the Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed, tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu instead. This shrine is known as the god of study.
Todaiji Temple Todaiji Temple, constructed in the 8th century, is one of Japan's most famous and historically significant temples. In it's huge precincts are various national treasures of Japan. The Daibutsuden (Great Buddha Hall) is one of the world's largest wooden buildings.
Deer Park Over 1,000 tame deer roam freely in the verdant 1,250 acres peaceful park. If you wish to feed the deer, they will gladly eat from your hand.
Kasuga Shrine The most famous and beautiful Shinto shrine in Nara, it features some 3,000 antique stone and bronze lanterns.
Kyoto and Nara Day Tour including Golden Pavilion and Todaiji Temple from Osaka
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from selected Osaka hotels
- 7:30am from Osaka Hotel Granvia Osaka
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Tour concludes upon arrival at Kintestu Namba Station (in Osaka) at approximately 6.00pm.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Nara Park - Deer Park
- Hotel pickup (from selected Kyoto hotels only)
- Transportation by Motorcoach, JR Rail and Kintetsu Rail
- Admission Fees
- English speaking guide
- Entering Treasures Hall
- Entering Manyo Botanical Gardens at Kasuga Shrine
- Hotel drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- You will be asked for your full name, nationality, gender and age to follow the necessary procedures before entering Kyoto Imperial Palace
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Some parts of pathway on this tour have gravel surface
- On Saturdays, Sundays, and National Holidays, Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed.
- Please note you will be asked to fill in your full name, nationality, gender, and age before entering the Kyoto Imperial Palace (forms will be handed out on the day of the tour).
- Touring itinerary subject to change
Terms and Conditions:
If you cancel at least 8 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.