Select a datex
Spot the "Big Five" at Pilanesberg Nature Reserve then relax at the unique Sun City resort on a packed day trip from Johannesburg. Combining two very different destinations in one tour, it's a great way to experience all that South Africa has to offer.
In the morning you'll go game viewing in the immense Pilanesberg Nature Reserve. With over 7,000 animals in the park, your search for Africa's "Big Five" - elephants, lions, rhinos, leopards and African buffalo - is sure to be eventful. Additionally there is an optional unique Elephant Interaction Safari available(on own account).
Pilanesberg Nature Reserve has over 124 miles (200 kilometers) of good-quality roads, making it one of the best game reserves in South Africa. Anything is possible on an African safari, so keep your eyes and ears open!
In the afternoon you'll travel to the world's most unique resort, Sun City, deep in the rugged bushveld in the heart of an ancient volcano. You have the opportunity to spend the afternoon at Sun City, "the Kingdom of Pleasure", at your leisure. With so many options to choose from, there's plenty to occupy your free time. Attractions include a golf course, Butterfly World, Cultural Village, wave and swimming pools (own account), Lost City, and numerous bars and restaurants. There is an optional guided tour of the Palace of the Lost City available on your own account.
Sun city, South Africa
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from Sandton and Rosebank hotels
- There is an early morning departure which is dependent on weather circumstances. Please ensure you call the supplier so they are able to advise you of the exact departure time.
Return Details:Tour returns to original point of departure
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Price includes open vehicle game drive
Price excludes open vehicle game drive
Pilanesberg Nature Reserve
- Open vehicle Game drive (if option selected)
- Professional narration by tour guide
- Sandton hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Coaches are not wheelchair accessible.
- Sun City is approximately a 3 .5 hour drive from Johannesburg.
- Toilets are available on coaches with a seating capacity of 28 to 44 passengers. There are no toilets on the 15 seater Sprinters and Minivans. Vehicle used will depend on passenger numbers on the day.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.