Select a datex
Leave the crowds behind and head straight inside the Colosseum with your skip-the-line entrance ticket! In a group of no more than 25 people, explore the first and second tiers of this A-list attraction with a guide, learning about the gladiators who competed in the Colosseum’s gory gladiatorial games. Finish with a tour of the Roman Forum in Ancient Rome and admire incredible ruins, like the Temple of Julius Caesar.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Start your tour near Oppian Hill – one of the famous Seven Hills of Rome -- to enjoy panoramic views of the Colosseum, and then stroll down to it with your guide. As Rome’s premier crowd-drawing site, the Colosseum regularly attracts long entrance lines. Skip them with your priority-access ticket and head straight inside for your small-group tour.
As you walk around the Colosseum’s first and second tiers, your guide will keep you entertained with tales of gladiators, mock sea-battles and executions -- a fascinating insight into the amphitheater's gruesome past. Wander its circumference and learn what it must have been like when the crowds were roaring and the gladiator’s fate was decided by an emperor on a whim.
After exploring the Colosseum, head outside and walk the short distance to the Roman Forum for an up-close look at some of Ancient Rome’s most evocative ruins. See sites like the Temple of Julius Caesar and the intriguing House of the Vestal Virgins, before strolling up Palatine Hill to admire the views of the ruins below. Look down over Nero’s Circus Maximus, where chariot races were once held, and then finish your tour on the Palatine Hill – the most famous of the Seven Hills of Rome.
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Walking Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Near the Colosseum in Rome
Return Details:Concludes at the Roman Forum
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Standard tour (25 people) with an English-speaking guide. Arrive at 9:45am to start your tour at 10am
Standard tour (25 people) with an English-speaking guide. Arrive at 2:45pm to start your tour at 3pm
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Colosseum
- Entrance fee to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 24 hours, subject to availability
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Entrance is strictly limited so you must arrive early. Anyone who arrives after their time slot cannot be accommodated or refunded
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.