Great Ocean Road Small-Group Eco-Tour from Melbourne
- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
About one hour into your journey, travel through Torquay, a beach town known for its surf culture and as the start of the Great Ocean Road. Next, visit the famous Bells beach and enjoy other scenic coastal stops, continue another hour to Kennett River where you take a short walk in eucalyptus forest to look for koalas and colorful parrots.
Further along, at the foot of the Otway Ranges, have lunch in the beautiful town of Apollo Bay. Then enjoy free time to explore the shops and marina or take a dip in the water.
Your next stop takes you into Great Otway National Park for a leisurely stroll at Maits Rest. A wooden boardwalk leads through lovely fern gardens and rain forest, with giant trees up to 300 years old.
Hop back on the bus to visit Port Campbell National Park, known for offshore rock formations such as the Twelve Apostles. Here you have the option to upgrade and take a 10-minute helicopter ride along the magnificent coastline. From the air, you get an amazing perspective on Gibsons Steps, the Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge.
Next, drive along the Shipwreck Coast to Loch Ard Gorge, named after an infamous 1878 shipwreck. Hear the story of the wreck and its two survivors as you take in scenic views. Then drive to your final destination, London Arch, a naturally formed rock archway that was known as London Bridge until its middle portion collapsed in 1990.
Your return journey includes a stop for dinner (at own expense) and stunning views of the lights of Melbourne as you cross the West Gate Bridge.
Translation of key tour information in 13 languages is provided on specially configured iPods. Enjoy free WiFi onboard your minicoach, making the return drive a perfect time to upload photos or email friends about your fantastic day on the Great Ocean Road.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Great Ocean Road Tour
Tour & Heli Flight
Great Ocean Road Tour and Scenic Helicopter Flight. Flight time approximately 10-minutes in duration
Great Ocean Road, Melbourne
- Morning tea
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Helicopter tour (if option selected)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Audio guides available in Mandarin, German, and French, among other languages
- Vehicles hold a maximum of 24 passengers
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking for helicopter flights. Maximum weight not to exceed 299 pounds (136kg)
- A fee of AUD$20.00 applies for infants if taking the helicopter option. This must be paid direct to the guide on the day of travel.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- All touring vehicles are fitted with free WIFI
Reviewed by: Beka K, September 2015
I had a wonderful trip along the Great Ocean Road, enjoying hearing about the history and wildlife and looking at stunning scenery. We saw plenty of birds and koalas in the wild and there were opportunities to take photos at various stops along the way. There was enough time to explore different stops.
John, our tour guide was informative and good humoured. For me the balance of giving information and time to look and think was perfect. I liked the quirky music that linked to the section of the tour we were on- although some of the tracks were very cheesy so be warned if that's not your thing!
The lunch options included in tour were fine but not amazing and the evening stop to buy dinner at own expense had fairly limited choices. For me that was a price worth paying for the rest of the trip.
Reviewed by: Mei See L, September 2015
i absolutely loved this tour even as a solo traveler. Daniel, our guide, was awesome. He had great historical and informative stories to share with a touch of humor. I enjoyed having the first class seat upfront and being Daniel's 'co-pilot' for half the tour, it was an amazing view! The places we visited were amazing in their own right, but I must say that the 12 Apostles were the highlight of this tour. I am glad to have chosen this small group tour and the places of visit are well worth the long hours. I would highly recommend this tour for new visitors to Melbourne.