Kamakura, Yokohama and Tokyo Bay Day Trip from Tokyo
Here, visit the Great Buddha of Kamakura at Kotoku-in Temple. Dating back to 1252, the monumental outdoor bronze statue is a national icon. Peer into its interior (the statue is hollow), and then step back to take a photo of the whole Buddha, which stands at a height of 43 feet (13 meters).
Continue to Hasedera Temple, renowned for its ancient wooden statue of a Buddhist figure, one of the largest in Japan. The 1,200-year-old traditional temple is surrounded by hydrangea gardens dotted with statues, and boasts views over the bay.
Next, enjoy a Japanese lunch, and then visit the traditional Japanese-style Sankeien Garden in the city of Yokohama, about a 45-minute drive north, back toward Tokyo. While walking around the gardens, see a range of historic buildings relocated here from all over Japan, and admire the ornamental ponds, pagodas and landscaped gardens of azaleas, maples and ginkgo trees.
On your way back to Tokyo, drive over Tokyo Bay via the Yokohama Bay Bridge; your tour then ends with your choice of drop-off in the commercial district of Ginza or Shinjuku.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Full-Day Kamakura, Yokohama and Tokyo Bay Tour
- Hotel pickup from the selected hotels in the Tokyo area
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Itinerary order is subject to change depending on traffic, weather and operation hours
- All participants must be in good walking condition, as the temple has many stairs
- Please note, hotel pickup is available from selected hotels in Tokyo. If you cannot find your hotel on the list, please choose the nearest hotel offered or meet directly at the meeting point
Reviewed by: James C, November 2015
The guide is very knowledgeable, patient and courteous and has made sure that each member of the tour group is well taken care of. Kamakura is beautiful and so is the garden and the palace.
Reviewed by: Gargi S, November 2015
The tour was quite comprehensive. Guide knowledgeable and considerate. I enjoyed the trip because it was well organized.